R300 G3 PLUS - The Metal Beast?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemesis

Reaction score
I've bought my Randall R300 G3 Plus a week ago,and I must say that is groundbreaking!
I've played two gigs with my band(check it out www.myspace.com/heavendeniedband)and it simply rules.
But there's something I don't understand.In order to obtain th soundthat I want,I play With Randall distortion from the RH300 and in the send and return circuit I placed a Zoom g9.2tt.
In this way,the Tube of the RH300 interacts with the 2 tubes of the g9.2tt and it gets a great tone!
So in my opinion this RH300 is one of the greatest amp in the world.Some guys that came to one of my gigs have listened to the sound,an they hated Randall...afer listened to the wall of sound they've changed their mind and they want one of this beauty too.

So,after 8 year of continuosly changing on amps and brands,I've founded my Holy Grail!

STAY METAL GUYS!

This is so crazy, because I have an RH300 head and I HATE the gain tones on it. No matter what I do to the EQ or put in front of it (EQ pedals, Sonic Stomp, etc.) I just don't like it.

I'm glad to hear you like it, but I only use the clean channel (which I love) with stomps until I can afford to buy something else.

Cool to hear about the Zoom/Randall combo, though!

Well Depends on the style of music you play.Randall is basically a metal beast,and if you play rock,heavy rock or something else,Marshall and Mesa still rules.
But I play metal,and nothing is like Randall.

Well the Zoom and Randall combo works great,thank you,and thanks for what you've said!

Support Music Not Rumours(and if someone knows metal,you'll know surely who used to say this words!)

I have been thinking og getting the rh150g3plus,everyone on here keeps saying that the gain channel sux and the clean w/a pedal in front is great.Whats up w/these amps?? Are they good for metal or should I look on to marshall or something else??I'm on a budget,I can only spend about $600-$650.

Personally, I'd say if you're looking for a high gain amp for playing metal or other heavy music (which I play a lot of myself)...then I'd say NO.

I made the mistake of getting the RH300 over something in a similar price range like a Peavey XXX. I only had a budget of about $500-600 at the time, and I don't have much to try out where I am. I did my research and it seemed good. But it's just not for me. I wish I had gotten something else.

However, I do use it with the Damage Control Demonizer and Solid Metal pedals and it sounds wicked.

I currently use A rh150g3plus and the gain channel is great but lacking in compared to say the V2 but I just put a ?30 metal muff infront of it and now i cant stop playing it (except to come on here ;))