Randall Jaguar 80 watt speakers from the 1980's question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slobrain

Reaction score
Hello,
Can any one that owns an old Randall guitar cabinet with the jaguar speakers rated at 80 watts with the randall sticker and the jaquar picture please give me any parts numbers that is on the speaker. The speaker would have the fairly large magnet too. not the small magnet.

I found that Eminence possible made these for Randall in the 1980's and I am trying to find out from eminence if these are their speakers.
Reason is that I have been looking for the jaguar speakers for years with no luck and maybe eminence can tell me what speaker eminence sells that has the same spec and the old 1980's made 80 watt Jaguar speakers.

Thanks
Slobrain

I took mine apart for you. Are these the ones you're looking for?

jaguar4.jpg

jaguar2.jpg

jaguar3.jpg

jaguar.jpg

Thanks Mitch,
Thats exactly what I was looking for. It's funny but the number 1257-1 peavey uses these speakers too. I think they are the blue Marval.

I'll send the numbers to Eminence and see if they can tell me anything now.

Thanks
SLO

Mitch, Fellas,
I got an email back from Eminence and they said Randall still holds the specs on the Jaguar speaker spec and they could not give them out.

They did say the closest spec speaker to the jaguars are the Eminence black powder. So here ya go.

I wonder how well these jaguars sound up against the celestions in comparison? I've heard a few say they liked the jaguar better than the celestions while others like the celestion V-30's better.

Comments welcome.

SLO

Hi guys!

I ran into your topic while searching for the Randall Jaguar RES-50 spec too! I recently bought a used bass cab Randall Road Warrior RW210. I was looking to get the spec of the speaker cause I wanted to repalace them with my Celestion C10T-80.

I was wondering if my Celestions would be better than the Jaguar ?

Any tips?

Thanks!

--
Jaz