Randall XL cab mic eliminator problem!!help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevrock25

Reaction score
so when i plug a mic cable into the mic eliminator it squeals like a banshee. ive tried many mic cables. i switched to another randall cab and this one works fine so i now know its the mic eliminator port. my question is how or what do i look for to fix it or do i just buy a new eliminator and if so where. thanks for any help

I never had any issues with the Mic Eliminator. it served me well both live and recording. i would say that the squealing is definitely overloading somewhere in your chain. I seriously don't think it's the Mic Eli.
Why don't you email Bruce Egnater directly. He designed this specifically for the MTS cabs. He's usually very helpful with offering advice.

It's the mic eliminator it's been check out and it's bad. So I got to get a new one. That'll
Suck
It only does it when a mic is plugged into it and my signal chain hasn't changed in months.
It's main out into cab. Xlr out into board. Board to amps amps to mains. Simple
Tried with 5 different mic cables
Tried 2 different rm100s
Went straight from guitar to head to cab
Had Xlr plugged into board and then unplugged from board. As long as Xlr is plugged into the mic elim it squeals in all trials.
Plug my rig into my other Randall Xl cab. Works perfect. So I'm 100% sure it's the mic elim. Randall said they can go bad.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but have you just tried a mic? It'll sound better anyways.

wesarvin said:
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but have you just tried a mic? It'll sound better anyways.

Yea I mic it alot. It's just that I like to have everything working. You never know when you need stuff and when you might wanna sell it

Kevrock25 said:
Plug my rig into my other Randall Xl cab. Works perfect. So I'm 100% sure it's the mic elim. Randall said they can go bad.
sorry to hear that. I still think it wouldn't hurt to shoot Bruce an email. Since Randall discontinued the MTS line, it'll probably be a challenge to get a hold of one, maybe they can send you a spare Mic Eli. Randall customer service or your local Randall rep will be able to point you in the right direction.
I love Mic Eli for the fact that I can record in my studio anytime without worrying about micing and outside interference, total isolation. So i would make an effort to get that happening on your head again, i think it's worthwhile the effort.

Maybe call Rob at JF and see if he has time to take a look at it. He's pretty sharp and may be able to fix it cheaper than buying a new one..

Latest posts