Recto Vrs Modern

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recto has more prominent midz than the Modern

Recto cuts better than the Modern

Modern is quiet compared to the Recto (and all other gain modules) due to design

I dunno what frequencies it is...they're definately voiced differently...but the Modern can do a killer 'singing' type lead

Both are capable of the same level of gain

Both need c3 modding to 1000pf IMO ;)

Modern all the way. Much clearer than the Recto. I own both and the modern is 100% better imo. You can peak out the gain without it getting muddy but yes, it does need the cap mod. I have no idea why these are discontinued. They're so much better than the recto line. It is also true that they run quieter than other modules, but that works out well for me since I use the clean, which also runs quieter. It makes it easier to balance them and get the levels right with my gate.

I switched back and forth between both for years. Modern is more smooth and scooped, recto has more aggressive mids - a "bark" so to speak. Initially I preferred the modern, for more (surprise, surprise) 'modern' type metal sounds, but moved onto the recto when I wanted something to cut through the mix more. And the Modern is definitely quieter in volume.

In my opinion neither were among the best MTS modules (stock, at least).