Rediculous questions I should know the answers to

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsgregg

Reaction score
Alrighty then. I want to thank everyone for the help so far. Now I have some questions that I am wondering about. Here we go...

Exactly how many tubes are in the RM50 head? Is it 2 power tubes and 3 pre-amp? Are the stock power tubes EL34? Same question for the RM22...how many tubes? Are the power tubes EL84 in the RM22 head? Also, does each module have an additional two 12AX7's?

With the RM22 head, it appears there is only one "out" to the speaker cabinet. Is this the case, and if so, do you use more than one speaker (two 112 cabinets for example) by daisy chaining them together? I have two 16 ohm 112 cabinets that I use with my Rockerverb. Would these be suitable for use with the RM50 and RM22 heads?

I have many more questions, just getting started.

Thanks,
John

Yes. You had it right. R22 and 50 have 2 power and 3 pre tubes.
Each module has 2 pre tubes. I have a RM20 and its much like the
22 so I would say it only has one speaker out. I think daisy chaining
would be the way to go. Oh and I think RM50s usually come stock with
6L6s and the Lynch Boxes come with EL34s.

Thank you!

6L6 are stock on the RM50 head? I didn't know that...great information.

I have an opportunity to pick up an RM50 head for less than $250 and it is loaded with a blackface and ultra module. Think it's around 7-9 years old. The catch is after about 5 minutes the volume drops to almost zero. I hope this is only a bad power tube. Change it, and good to go. Any thoughts or opinions on that would be appreciated.

Jsgregg said:
Thank you!

I have an opportunity to pick up an RM50 head for less than $250 and it is loaded with a blackface and ultra module. Think it's around 7-9 years old. The catch is after about 5 minutes the volume drops to almost zero. I hope this is only a bad power tube. Change it, and good to go. Any thoughts or opinions on that would be appreciated.
I'd relay that info to Randall customer service or to be sure Bruce Egnater, then you know what's the deal.

In case you don't know: Bruce Egnater designed the modular system, Randall licenses the tech from him, he himself also builds modular stuff under the Egnater brand. So in other words: if you really need to be sure about a technical issue with these amps Bruce = god. ;)

m0jo said:
Jsgregg said:
Thank you!

I'd relay that info to Randall customer service or to be sure Bruce Egnater, then you know what's the deal.

In case you don't know: Bruce Egnater designed the modular system, Randall licenses the tech from him, he himself also builds modular stuff under the Egnater brand. So in other words: if you really need to be sure
about a technical issue with these amps Bruce = god. ;)

That sounds like good advice. How would I go about doing that?

Jsgregg said:
m0jo said:
Jsgregg said:
Thank you!

In case you don't know: Bruce Egnater designed the modular system, Randall licenses the tech from him, he himself also builds modular stuff under the Egnater brand. So in other words: if you really need to be sure
about a technical issue with these amps Bruce = god. ;)

That sounds like good advice. How would I go about doing that?
PM'd ;)

Latest posts