Ripped off on ebay

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mysticalp

Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm going to tell you an "horror story" I'm living actually and would like your opinion on what to do.

I have bought recently a Lynch box that supposedly included the original modules. You can see the ebay article here:
http://tinyurl.com/lynchboxebay

You can see the description of the article is copy/pasted from the web including modules and they are also there in the picture. I paid 540? / 685$ after adding the shipping.

When it arrived the modules were missing. After a lot of emails the seller is offering me 3 modules for 200? / 250$. The options he gives me are Modern, Treadplate, Top Boost, Ultra or Ultra Lead.

I like the Modern and was thinking about buying a 1087 used. I also need a clean module but I can only think of modding the Top Boost but don't know if that will be enough or will be worse than a Blackface.

Can I keep the amp and get a partial refund from paypal? If I file a complaint to paypal what should I expect to happen? What do you recommend me to do?

I ask you people as you will know about the market price of this amp and will be more able to help me make a decission.

Thanks a lot!

If that is a new amp then the price you paid is not bad at all but the advert is definitely mis-leading and reads as if the modules are included.

I can't read French or speak French but if the text says the modules are included the i would file a complaint..

I doubt they will give you a partial refund..

Its been my experience that they will tell you to ship it back for a full refund or suck it up and keep the amp..They really have no way to force him to send you the modules other than threating to cancel his account..

$250 isn't bad for 3 modules but if they where suppose to be included you still are paying above the agreed upon price....

Mysticalp said:
Hi people,

I'm going to tell you an "horror story" I'm living actually and would like your opinion on what to do.

I have bought recently a Lynch box that supposedly included the original modules. You can see the ebay article here:
http://tinyurl.com/lynchboxebay

You can see the description of the article is copy/pasted from the web including modules and they are also there in the picture. I paid 540? / 685$ after adding the shipping.

When it arrived the modules were missing. After a lot of emails the seller is offering me 3 modules for 200? / 250$. The options he gives me are Modern, Treadplate, Top Boost, Ultra or Ultra Lead.

I like the Modern and was thinking about buying a 1087 used. I also need a clean module but I can only think of modding the Top Boost but don't know if that will be enough or will be worse than a Blackface.

Can I keep the amp and get a partial refund from paypal? If I file a complaint to paypal what should I expect to happen? What do you recommend me to do?

I ask you people as you will know about the market price of this amp and will be more able to help me make a decission.

Thanks a lot!
You know, my friend, I really think that it was an honest mistake and miscommunication. I'd let it ride and pick up those extra mods for 200? / 250$. Any combination of those will give you three good donor modules for modification. Otherwise, I would get the Ultra Lead and Modern, as they are rare and discontinued. I would also suggest the Ultra. It sounds decent with an OD pedal in front and it can be modded into any high gain module. Clean modules are cheap and easy to come by, so keep an eye in the classifieds, or even post a "want-to-buy WTB" ad and you will probably be swarmed with offers!! You will find a good one in no time. You are getting a very fair price all the way around so congratulations. BTW: If you can buy a 1087 at a good price, do it. Modded modules will make you very happy and make it much easier to dial in a great sound. Peace.
:D :D :D

The truth is that I was also thinking it could be a mistake. But it's a Randall dealer in France (not a particular) and also I thought that someone must have taken the modules after taking the picture.

Well, everything is fine and I will be making the deal with him. I have already answered him and hope to be playing with my new amp before the end of the month :)

Hi Guys

I am french, too. And as far as I read NOTHING in the article can tell you if the modules should have been included or not, except the picture.

But the seller says the amp is new in box, which means:
-it is empty with no modules
-this is not a pic of the amp he sent to you, maybe even not a pic that belongs to him.

Also note that to estimate the value of the product he gives a link to some unknown spanish seller, obviously because it is one of the most expensive price he found on the web for it.

That makes me think:
-he did not even know what was included in the box, never opened it and did not give a f***
-he is not really dishonest (or maybe so, but nothing obvious), but in no way reliable.

Anyway take the modules, that will remain a good deal for the price and the fastest way to close the case...

Well at the end everything more or less worked out.

I have received a Modern, Top Boost and Deluxe (instead of an Ultra Lead).
Sadly I was really interested in the Ultra Lead but I open the box and there it was, a Deluxe.

Well, at least I have a clean module... :?

Chacal, I think you are right. Everything you said matches perfectly with the conversation I had with him. It really looks that's exactly what has happened

Well, thank you all for your help. And now ther's one more MTS user :)

Mysticalp said:
I have received a Modern, Top Boost and Deluxe (instead of an Ultra Lead).
Sadly I was really interested in the Ultra Lead but I open the box and there it was, a Deluxe.

Well, at least I have a clean module... :?
:)

The Deluxe is a great clean module, that's my main clean sound too. I would buy the 1087 if you can get it for a good price. That thing will blow away both of your gain modules, I had a lot of success with my 1086.
glad things worked out for you at the end.