RM100 missing something?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazyeddie said:
Will these mod boards be available on the Salvation site or do you have to order on this forum?

Contact him direct via email.

It was great to try the rig again with fresh ears last night. I have to tell you that my clean sound just blew me away. I should have my 2nd Voxless back on monday, so it was just the Texas Special, but ****! Just a giant, full clean sound. THIS is the way a clean channel is supposed to sound!:shock: Getting a good clean sound from MTS has always been an issue for me so this was a real victory.

Well I'm new to the whole MTS thing. Just picked up a RM100 that honestly I didn't plan on keeping. Just wanted to play with it for a while and really check it out in my home at any volume I want. I will say I agree that it seemed to be missing a little something. I have the Plexi, Clean and XTC modules. I just jumped the parallel loop and it really does make a big improvement to my ears. It's late so i didn't play loud or very long but tomorrow I'm gonna really crank it with and without the jumper.

Do these boards work for the Egnater equivalents? For instance, does the RM50 board work with the MOD50? Or are the stock Egnater boards just fine?

mikegyver said:
Do these boards work for the Egnater equivalents? For instance, does the RM50 board work with the MOD50? Or are the stock Egnater boards just fine?

Anthony told me the RM50 board should work fine in the MOD50, but I'm supposed to compare the MOD100 to the RM100 to see if it will work. I'm lazy and haven't looked yet. :(

Is this something any amp tech could install or would I have to ship my head to someone more familiar with the MTS amps?

It's quite easy to remove and/or install a presence/density board in the RM series amps (well, the RM100 for sure; I've never seen an RM50 but I would assume it's the same). You just have to unplug the old one and plug in the new one, no soldering necessary.

ncsouthpaw said:
Is this something any amp tech could install or would I have to ship my head to someone more familiar with the MTS amps?

The video is coming with A to Z install...No soldering necessary...Simple as pie...You need a screwdriver or two and about a half an hour if you are a beginner...Very easy, I have not yet replaced my boards as I am awaiting shipment but I am very familiar with the components and process and this is kids stuff...Be careful and slow and you'll be fine....
My vid will:

1. Show you how to open and remove the Rm100 and Rm50 chassis from headshell safely...

2. Show the simple removal of old board and install of new...

3. Re-assembly...

4. Results...

5. Gratuitous module riffage and knob twisting through many rigs with new boards engaged and disengaged...

6. 30 minute talk on the importance of genital hygiene and its impact on those around you.

Last edit to say: This is a cool process that is kinda fun and simple...While the amp is open, it's kinda neat to see what goes where...There's no danger involved as we'll be unplugging the amp and removing the power cable...Unless you chew on your caps you should be safe...:)

audiomidijace said:
It was great to try the rig again with fresh ears last night. I have to tell you that my clean sound just blew me away. I should have my 2nd Voxless back on monday, so it was just the Texas Special, but ****! Just a giant, full clean sound. THIS is the way a clean channel is supposed to sound!:shock: Getting a good clean sound from MTS has always been an issue for me so this was a real victory.
I got the 2nd Voxless installed tonight. Now witness the fire power of this fully armed and operational battle station! :twisted:
Ok, now that I got that whole "tone thing" worked out I guess I'd better start writing and recording. There's a bunch of other gear on the other side of the room that's feeling pretty neglected. :roll:

I finally had a chance today to experiment with jumpering the parallel loop and dialing up the effects knob, and I have to say that it goes a long way toward making the amp sound as nice as my Rivera. I'll definitely be running it this way from now on.

Got the Salvation board in and tested..................INSANE!!!!!. It's a massive leap in punch and articulation. Best mod I've done for my RM100, hands down.

Matt- prepare for awesomeness!

So it isn't just the replacement of a few values then to bring in more presence, it adds more depth/punch/fullness overall ? I know these are highly descriptive words but very interested in how we define "sterile" is it thin? stiff? I kind of feel the RM100 is a stiffer amp for me. I would be very interested in this just to see.

Kapo_Polenton said:
So it isn't just the replacement of a few values then to bring in more presence, it adds more depth/punch/fullness overall ? I know these are highly descriptive words but very interested in how we define "sterile" is it thin? stiff? I kind of feel the RM100 is a stiffer amp for me. I would be very interested in this just to see.

Oh yes! The video will be up this week....It is truly an MAJOR update...Not only is the presence much more usable, when the density pot is pulled (Anthony's special trickery)- the sound literally comes to life and "stiffness" does not come to mind at all...Not just on the density but the whole feel of the amp...I don't know how to describe it other than amazing...I'll just help you guys hear it for yourselves...Give me a few days to shoot the simple install and you can check it out for yourselves...

I will end by saying that this will be the end of the "dull and lifeless" complaint...

Mattfig said:
VOD said:
Got the Salvation board in and tested..................INSANE!!!!!. It's a massive leap in punch and articulation. Best mod I've done for my RM100, hands down.

Matt- prepare for awesomeness!

Awesomeness is an understatement my friend!!! :shock:

That was the look on my face too! Anthony really knocked it out of the park with these new boards. Having such a small and easy mod make such a huge difference is amazing. It was like going from mono to stereo.

Latest posts