RM100 recording question???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Instead of mic'ing my cabinet, is there a way to run the RM100 direct into my Zoom handheld recorder? Series send, slave out, etc? I've never messed with any of this stuff before.

Can I go from the Slave Out straight to my recorder? Is it coming from the preamp, or is it amplified? I don't want to fry something.

Thanks

Would you have to have a load on the speaker out to run this way? I am guessing yes. Noob recorder here.

eyeball987 said:
Would you have to have a load on the speaker out to run this way? I am guessing yes. Noob recorder here.

Yes, you need to load the head...a Hotplate (or similar device) set to LOAD will give you silent recording.

Do any of the heads allow for use as just a preamp without an external load box for the power section? I thought I read something about this using the RM20 head...

trimix said:
Do any of the heads allow for use as just a preamp without an external load box for the power section? I thought I read something about this using the RM20 head...

rm20: hyenik said it after he talked to Randall, no load needed (?)

I just realized that if you take the series fx loop send out of the head for recording and you have a cabinet plugged into the power section, you still have silent recording so long as nothing is plugged into the series fx loop return, correct?

trimix said:
I just realized that if you take the series fx loop send out of the head for recording and you have a cabinet plugged into the power section, you still have silent recording so long as nothing is plugged into the series fx loop return, correct?
Yes, that would work...the problem is that you won't have any speaker simulation and the preamp out into a recorder will sound buzzy....I use an Ebtech unit on my RM4 to compensate for this for recording.....It works pretty well...

Bah, just take the +4 line out, run it through the line input on a Presonus Studio Channel, then into your interface. No problem.

Use a cab sim in your recording program. You'll be fine.

Julia said:
Bah, just take the +4 line out, run it through the line input on a Presonus Studio Channel, then into your interface. No problem.

Use a cab sim in your recording program. You'll be fine.

OR, 120 dB's from a screaming 4X12 into a Shur SM58, connected to a Presonus Firefox oughta do the trick...and tell the rest of the world to go to hell. :D