RM22, bottom module bay loading issue...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webrthomson

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with their RM22 in getting older silverface modules to load in the bottom bay?

I've got a number of really old modules, main one in question has a date of 02-27-02, which just will not load into the bottom bay of my RM22. By which I mean that the module will go in but the connector does not line up even when the module is in the guide tracks - has anyone else found this to be an issue?

Work in the top slot no bother and my RM4, just not in the bottom of the RM22!

All my other silver with a black band and black face plate ones have no issues - is this just my amp or does anyone else have this issue?

webrthomson said:
Does anyone else have an issue with their RM22 in getting older silverface modules to load in the bottom bay?

I've got a number of really old modules, main one in question has a date of 02-27-02, which just will not load into the bottom bay of my RM22. By which I mean that the module will go in but the connector does not line up even when the module is in the guide tracks - has anyone else found this to be an issue?

All my other silver with a black band and black face plate ones have no issues - is this just my amp or does anyone else have this issue?
I've had this, applying a small bit of pressure up or downwards on the bottom of the faceplate (where it connects with the tray) should help.

I dont know why...but every now and then I have trouble loading a module intio my rm22...usually its because I have put the tube cage back on improperly...tighten a few scewsand its all good. But for expediency I just put the bottom module in the top slot and visa versa...seems to always work that way.
I really love the amp, except for the useless boodt feature,imho and its heavy for what it offers. It has nearly all the weight BUT HALF the wattage of an rm50.
..and there is no midi on it, despite the midi-looking footswitch jack.
I still look for ways to mod this puppy for live use.
but tone? Its got it.

GtrGeorge

m0jo said:
webrthomson said:

I've had this, applying a small bit of pressure up or downwards on the bottom of the faceplate (where it connects with the tray) should help.

Good stuff - I'll give this a go!

Also agree with GtrGeorge - it's a pretty heavy for it's size and what were Randall on when they designed the switching :)

But if you can live with these issues it's a smoking amp for it size!!!