RM4 + 7 pin + GCP

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riculus

Reaction score
I searched around and couldn't find much at all on the subject so I grabbed my rhythm guitar players 7 pin midi cable from his triple rec and plugged it into the RM4 and GCP and Yahtzee, it powers it. The reason I tried this, you may ask yourself, is that I simplified my rig by ditching my GCX and pedal but still needed to control the RM4 and G-Force via powered midi. Not much info about the phantom power in the RM but it's there, :p

Riculus said:
I searched around and couldn't find much at all on the subject so I grabbed my rhythm guitar players 7 pin midi cable from his triple rec and plugged it into the RM4 and GCP and Yahtzee, it powers it. The reason I tried this, you may ask yourself, is that I simplified my rig by ditching my GCX and pedal but still needed to control the RM4 and G-Force via powered midi. Not much info about the phantom power in the RM but it's there, :p

It's noted in the RM4 Midi guide @ http://www.randallamplifiers.com/images/stories/manuals/RM4 MIDI guide.pdf

On page 2:

PHANTOM POWER:
9VAC @ 1 amp is supplied on pins 7 and 3 (internally switch able via S2-2) and also on pins 6 and 1 (internally switch able via S2-1) of the MIDI in jack. Consult your pedal manufacturer?s manual for power requirements.

Granted why the midi guide is seperate to the main manual is anyones guess :)