RM4 Problem is back

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bagoun - My first guess would be a heat-related power supply issue. Just about any repair service ought to be able to check that for you.

ronstephens said:
Bagoun - My first guess would be a heat-related power supply issue. Just about any repair service ought to be able to check that for you.
Yes, for Mattfig it was just the signal, but your entire unit is dying.
So definitly seems like a power supply issue.

Don't poke around in the power supply, high voltage!

Yep...Sounds like a power issue for sure...While I did have the fuzzy, quieted tone...I never lost the ability to change channels or fading LEDs....Sorry, wish I could help...Outta my league with this one...

Thanks guys!
I hope this will help!
It was for several times at amp tech but he never revealed any problem...but maybe he didn't tried it for enough time to see what happened to it after longer time playing it...

So I will see

I see I am not the only one with this problem. Lucky us! :evil:
I have a global short, effecting all module s. Using either inputs, and any of the outputs, its F 'ed up! the vol. will cut down too bout 50% , and sometimes 10-20%. Usually if I press the channel selector button,& slide my finger it will come back, or cause it to do it in the first place But this us not alaways the case some times I dont change channels at the solo, w/ft pedal. I come up to solo volume and on down of the first note gone. So I slide my finger off the channel swith on unit and let it pop out and... And then I quickly bypass it and my pandora px4 as a preamp :roll:
So another issue I ve had with channel selection, like the logic in pre amp and ft. ped
Just reassign theirself to respond to different ft. ped. Butttons.
So I wonder if the two are related ? The input / channel select are on the same input board. The input signal chain in the rm4 does have a short protection , where it mutes the signal if the is a short. All tubes and caps checked ok , I ve had it to the repair guy
(Todd Sharp at nashville amplifier service the best in town) twice he cant find does nt think it has a problem. It took 45 mins for me to get it to screw up when I got it back. Please not that with this bypassed I never have issues.

So has neone fixed there s yet?

I had this problem with my Mesa nomad head, turned out to be an issue with the switching matrix. Clean channel would go from awesome to crap with a fuzzy sound. Turn it off then back on and it would be fine. Had it repaired it worked for a while then broke again. Then again maybe chNhinf the relays didn't fix it and I just didn't screw up for a while after the repair. Not like j had much time to play at that point in my life.

Latest posts