RM4 Versus M4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HughJasol said:
Daryl said:
Is anyone still waiting for the E2 to come out?
YES!!! :)
Just out of curiousity....Do you have a dual channel Mash-Oldano on the way?
m0jo said:
Yeeeeees!! And don't forget Anthony's wizardry with them!
His duals actually switch modes or other functions.
I haven't forgotten at all. That is the reason I am extra eager to see the E2 come to fruition. :wink:

m0jo said:
Daryl said:
HughJasol said:
Daryl said:
Is anyone still waiting for the E2 to come out?
YES!!! :)
Just out of curiousity....Do you have a dual channel Mash-Oldano on the way?
Nope that's heading for Holland!!
Sadly not to me ;)
Cool. I saw it on Anthony's FB page and was wondering who the lucky MTSer was.
381775_277309908990199_100001335759539_707097_1540236996_n.jpg

Pretty hot looking mod... :shock:

What about the missing loops in M4? Is that some kind of advantage for RM4?
I'm not familiar with M4 and want to ask you about it's outs. If I connect it with device like a G major 2, what kind of the loop will be that - parallel or series???
Thank you in advance.

Petrucci said:
I'm not familiar with M4 and want to ask you about it's outs. If I connect it with device like a G major 2, what kind of the loop will be that - parallel or series???
Thank you in advance.
Gmajor2 works best in the serial loop. However, all the serial loop does is place the Gmajor2 after the preamp section of the amp and before the power section. In an RM4 or M4 setup you really don't need an effects loop since you can place the Gmajor2 after the RM4/M4 and before your power amp.

Daryl said:
Petrucci said:
Thank you in advance.
Gmajor2 works best in the serial loop. However, all the serial loop does is place the Gmajor2 after the preamp section of the amp and before the power section. In an RM4 or M4 setup you really don't need an effects loop since you can place the Gmajor2 after the RM4/M4 and before your power amp.
+1 . . . but yes, you'd also lose the parallel loop. Of course some multi-effects units have internal routing options for serial/parallel (and even "semi-parallel" in the G-System's case), so you'd be OK there. But I suppose if you had actual pedals that you feel you must run in a parallel loop then you might be missing out on something.

Another thing to consider is that if your trying to run an effect on your pedal board, you would be missing out on a great tube buffered loop for the long cable runs. Of course there are stand alone parallel loop boxes and buffers.

The Rossness said:
Anthony's work seems far superior to other moders.
Nothing against Anthony, I've owned many Salvation modules and have an H-Watt coming. And you're certainly welcome to your opinion about the work you've seen and heard by other moders, but this seems like a rude comment to make.
So, just to offer a different opinion....
Rob (Jadded Faith) has done 3 custom modules for me that are flat out amazing! I also have his current XTC design which is also wonderful.
Sacred Groove has made my favorite Marshall mod with the MK22. It sits right next to my Salvation Mash-All that I also love.
Trace at Voodoo Amps has also done some great work for me and is one of the nicest people you'll ever do business with.
I just wanted to stick up for these guys who's work is not inferior in ANY way.

Daryl said:
HughJasol said:
Whoopysnorp said:
The two channels use the same tone stack, so all you're really changing between the channels is gain.
Yes, same tone stack, but separate GAIN and MASTER.
I may be totally missing something, but couldn't similar results be obtained on single channel mods with a boost/OD in front of the amp?

Personally, I found a mid spike in the right spot worth more than a gain and volume boost
when it comes to putting out a cutting (as in 'audible') lead tone
But I'll admit that I usually dial in the gain to the edge of the 'usable' territory where any other boost would only compress/muddy the tone too much

For instance: If I were to have a 2ch Angel module, I'd rather have the contour or edge switchable by channel than it's gain and volume

Latest posts