rm50 master vol input on rear

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy dawson

Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of an rm50head and I'm trying to find out how the master vol input on the back of the amp works.
Is there a specific pedal, or is it for a volume pedal or maybe a boost pedal?
Any ideas..nothing in the manual :?
thanks

andy dawson said:
I have just taken delivery of an rm50head and I'm trying to find out how the master vol input on the back of the amp works.
Is there a specific pedal, or is it for a volume pedal or maybe a boost pedal?
Any ideas..nothing in the manual :?
thanks
I don't own one, but I believe it is a switch input, so you can bypass the master volume

So this means you will be running at maximum master!
So watch out, turn down your modules' volumes or you'll blast your own windows out!

Just stick a standard tip-ring type footswitch in there.

As I remember it you can plug in a volume pedal and when the pedal is all the way up the amps master volume will be on FULL. But the pedal will give you control of the master volume level just like you were turning the knob.
Jace

audiomidijace said:
As I remember it you can plug in a volume pedal and when the pedal is all the way up the amps master volume will be on FULL. But the pedal will give you control of the master volume level just like you were turning the knob.
Jace

That is actually kind of a cool feature. It must just be on the RM50 heads as I have not seen or heard it being on any other model.

I took an old footswitch and added a vol pot so you can set the level of your lead boost. works great. i can send you the schematic if you want; it's really simple.