RT 2/50 Schematic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmilliner

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of a schematic for the RT 2/50 Power Amp? I just bought one on Ebay and I found the User Manual on Randall's site, but it does not have anything about the tube layout (Which tubes are which channel), etc..
I can figure most of it out on my own, but always easier if I can see the schematic.

Thanks, Tom

Seems nobody likes to respond around here so I will.

Look at the back. The fatter of the tubes are 6L6's. On my RM 2/50 they are the 2 on the right. The 2 on the left are EL34's

Front. Top channel is 6L6
Bottom channel is EL34

I figured this out by pulling tubes :lol:

The two pre-amp tubes together are the phase inverters for the channel they are nearest to...the third pre-amp tube is an input buffer I believe.

unconventional said:
Seems nobody likes to respond around here so I will.

That's not fair..I gave you the answer to your RT2/50 question and a few others :evil:

tsmilliner said:
Thanks
The user manual is pretty lame for such an awesome amp with so much potential for tweaking.

Tom

Agreed..the manuals sucks :(

metalmikevillardita said:
EGNATOR IS GOD.

Lol, someone likes their setup. What are you running man? If Bruce reads that he's gonna get the warm and fuzzies.

The RM-4 / RM2-50 is the best combo I've had in a long time. I hope I don't end up disliking the thing. I'm running it with an Lopo 2x12 with Celestion T12-100's and the ultra module is GOD spoken through tubes and speakers. The recto module reminds me of late 80's Exodus, course I have that module modified with a .001 cap. Tight as a cats ***.

Matter of fact, I like the tone so much I feel like breaking something I'm so happy.

That makes me feel good. I toiled for a while before deciding on the Randall 2/50. I am looking for an RM4 to complete the setup.

I was going to order an Avatar 2x12 with V30s today, I never heard of the Lopo speakers until now. I checked the website and it looks like the prices are similar, I imagine they are pretty much the same. How do you like the Lopo's??

tsmilliner said:
That makes me feel good. I toiled for a while before deciding on the Randall 2/50. I am looking for an RM4 to complete the setup.

I was going to order an Avatar 2x12 with V30s today, I never heard of the Lopo speakers until now. I checked the website and it looks like the prices are similar, I imagine they are pretty much the same. How do you like the Lopo's??

I was also contemplating both. Avatar was slow to respond to my questions, so NO_SALE. Lopo on the other hand was all over it. Top notch outfit. Plus you get removable castors which is a +1, Avatar you don't. On the way home to meet the MAN IN BROWN to get my cabinet, I stopped at the hardware to spend $40 on castors for the 2x12. So when I opened the box and saw removable castors I was like WTF? Happy and mad at the same time :lol:

Tolex is 100% flawless. No bubbles. No gaps in the wood inside. Everything is tight. The speakers mount via nuts and screws. The nuts are the ones that are inserted into the wood. Celestions liked up perfectly when I installed them. I'll be buying another 2x12 and a 4x12 from them in a month or so.

I assume you bought them unloaded if you had to put your speakers in yourself.

I will check out their website more closely it looks like they have more choices than Avatar.

I really want to place order today. How long did shipping take??

I would do this. Email them or call them if they have a number.

I bought mine speakerless. Ordered on a Thursday, got it the following Thursday.

It will depend on the colors you choose. I chose black tolex, black grille, white piping and chrome corners. they had one built, so I got it quick. I also told them that I needed it within one week because of a tour :lol:

Which of course was BS. Hey, I like to get my **** fast so I always find out prior how long and set the tone of how impatient I am.

Kevin

I agree, I am the same way. Can't stand waiting, but hate paying too much at the local GC or Sam Ash.

I will call them, it did take Avatar a while to respond to my email, and then they didn't really answer my questions completely.

tsmilliner said:
I agree, I am the same way. Can't stand waiting, but hate paying too much at the local GC or Sam Ash.

I will call them, it did take Avatar a while to respond to my email, and then they didn't really answer my questions completely.

Yeah, it was obvious to me that Avatar did not want to do business. So, F them.