Running multiple RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdInfinitum

Reaction score
My current MTS system involves an RM100, M100 and 2 RM4s. One RM4 goes into the parallel return of the RM 100 and the other into the M100. I have two Radial Hotshot ABYpedals that switch between the head and the RM4. I also have two stereo FX units. I take a mono send from each device and then run returns into the heads. Finally, I have a Radial HeadTone pedals that switches each head into a Mesa 4x12. Crazy but it works.

I'd love to get another RM4 since I have a few extra mods that I'd like to include in this set up.

How do you run multiple RM4s? Any suggestions on adding one to my system?

How is that set up? Do all the RM4s go I to the switcher and then it switches which one goes into the Poweramp?

AdInfinitum said:
How is that set up? Do all the RM4s go I to the switcher and then it switches which one goes into the Poweramp?

It works amazingly well...The GCX has a buffered input and essentially works as a programmable patch bay...All the RM4s and effects run in-line thru the GCX and I activate one RM4 at a time along with desired FX...I also use a Voodoo GCP as my foot controller...With the GCX you don't have to worry about anything...When something is out of the signal path, it's out..Your tone comes thru perfectly into as many devices as you choose...Of course, you're limited to 8 devices with a GCX...I'm actually adding two more RM4s for a total of 5....To do this I will be linking two GCXs to the GCP....Yeah, it takes some planning but once it's a go, you never have to worry again...

As it stands now, I have 3 banks of 4 (3 RM4s) that I can scroll thru on my GCP...For example, if I use my Voxless, I simply go to that setting and it takes care of all settings for external EQ and FX as well as front boosts, etc...So each module can have it's own settings or create 10 different settings for Voxless and label them accordingly- the possibilities are many...I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that I went with this setup...Programming the foot switch and such is a little boring, but once you've got it, it's set...No more tap-dancing on pedal boards...Pre-program it and be done...One stomp can turn on and off anything in your rig and with MIDI, you can control all settings too...

I'm happy to help ya get set-up...Shoot me a PM or email if you need specifics...Or we can post 'em right here for future viewers...