Salvation BENZIN mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony, i received the module yesterday and played on it for about 4 hours at practice last night.

What can i say.....

Other than WOW!!!! The thing is amazing! My favourite module before this was my Erect, i sold my EG5 as i didn't really like it. The Benzin is so so great, i've been using channel 3 mainly, and it does exactly what i want it to do. The low mid growl is perfect and super aggressive! Perfect!

Thanks Anthony :D

IMG_2277.jpg

:lol:

AdamB said:
Anthony, i received the module yesterday and played on it for about 4 hours at practice last night.

What can i say.....

Other than WOW!!!! The thing is amazing! My favourite module before this was my Erect, i sold my EG5 as i didn't really like it. The Benzin is so so great, i've been using channel 3 mainly, and it does exactly what i want it to do. The low mid growl is perfect and super aggressive! Perfect!

Your EG5 went to a good home - mine!

Anthony - I was wondering about an OZZY themed mod
Basically I wanted to get the sound of the Randy Rhoads Marshall (which I know you have tried out) , but wondered if it could be switched to the sound that Zakk Wylde had on "No Rest For the Wicked" via a switch on the front.

Zakk used the same Marshall amp on that album that John Sykes had used on Whitesnake's 1987 apparently - belonged to the producer.

If it can be done what Module would you need to modify- would a Plexi work?

felineguitars said:
...the sound that Zakk Wylde had on "No Rest For the Wicked" via a switch on the front.

Zakk used the same Marshall amp on that album that John Sykes had used on Whitesnake's 1987 apparently - belonged to the producer.

I thought he used a Metaltronix amp [aka a Lee Jackson amp]?

mrbeasty said:
felineguitars said:
...the sound that Zakk Wylde had on "No Rest For the Wicked" via a switch on the front.

I thought he used a Metaltronix amp [aka a Lee Jackson amp]?

He did on the tour but the amp on the album was a Marshall I read in an interview.

The amp belonged to the producer Keith Olsen as I recall, and boith players got to use it .

It may have been tweaked/modified by Lee Jackson having said that
Lee Jackson posted this on his website
Ozzmosis tone and gear? OK, so a quick couple of questions. I already bought the DVD Marshall Mods 2 and it ain't getting me that Zakk tone. What mods if any do I need to do to get my JCM800 2203 sounding like Zakks. I'm trying to get his sound on the Ozzmosis album. What speakers was he using on that album in his cab that was being mic'd. What effects was he using? Was he using an effects loop installed on the JCM800 he was using or going in the front door of the amp? Was he using those EVM 12L in his cabs or Something else? What kind of pickups? The EMG stuff? I know this is 1995.
I know it was 1995, and I can actually still remember back then.
First thing I did for Zakk was modify his Marshall's with my Mod that I show on my Volume One Dvd, you need to add the extra tube to get the sound on "No Rest for the wicked" CD. We did add Effects Loops to his heads. Zakk also used a DS-1, an Octave pedal, and of coarse a Vox Wha. I remember Ozzie walking around the Studio yelling at Zakk; do you really need to play Wha on everything!
We also had three GP-1000's powering a stereo 800 watt mosfet amp. All of this went into four 4 x 12 cabs loaded with Vintage 30's and Celestion 65 watters. Live we had to change to 75 watt speakers, because Zakk kept blowing them. Because of the 800 watt mosfet amps, he was pushing the cabs pretty hard. By the end of the tour we replaced out his modified Marshall's with My Metaltronix M-1000 heads. Zakk's Les Paul did and does now have EMG's in it.
My employee named Scott Quinn sold Zakk that signature Guitar with the Bulls-eye.
I was at my shop when Zakk and Ozzie came by to hear his new rig, Zakk forgot his guitar and Scott handed him his, the rest is history, there are pictures in our picture area of Zakk playing the Les Paul without the Bulls-eye Strips.

Although that seems a bit messed up as it was 1988 when No Rest came out - the year after Whitesnake's 1987

Also interesting to note that George Lynch famously used the same amp that Slash later used to record GNR's Appetite album with for the whole of the Under Lock and Key tour - he rented it as they wouldn't sell it to him.

It was the famous S.I.R stock 39 Marshall amp that Tim Caswell had modified

felineguitars said:
Also interesting to note that George Lynch famously used the same amp that Slash later used to record GNR's Appetite album with for the whole of the Under Lock and Key tour - he rented it as they wouldn't sell it to him.

It was the famous S.I.R stock 39 Marshall amp that Tim Caswell had modified

The Marshall was actually a modded '71 Super Tremolo. I tried one for myself months ago and it is AFD tone all the way.

i like to hear a herbert channel 3 mod done ... the herbie has the best "mega" channel diezel has put out imo .. it has a bit more "sag" and is not quite as tight ..but super thick !!!!

Does anyone who has gotten one of these modules have any clips? I'm dying to hear some more.

I received mine last week....I'm off work all next week, so I should have something for you soon

felineguitars said:
AdamB said:

What can i say.....

Your EG5 went to a good home - mine!

Anthony - I was wondering about an OZZY themed mod
Basically I wanted to get the sound of the Randy Rhoads Marshall (which I know you have tried out) , but wondered if it could be switched to the sound that Zakk Wylde had on "No Rest For the Wicked" via a switch on the front.

If it can be done what Module would you need to modify- would a Plexi work?
I've got a friend getting ready to get a RM50 because he loves my amp so much and I'm gonna mod his modules for him to try and get him that RR tone :D Seems like a stock Plexi would get close, but with some upgrades in the components maybe. Either way, I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it :D

Latest posts