Saturated sound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isburgracing

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the boards but have had my mts for 5 years, I am looking for a new sound, right now i have a XTC, GRAIL, 1086, XL or SL+. I have 6L6 tubes in my head, and a Randall cab with Eminance Texas Heats. I use a Washburn Nuno with a Dimarzio D Activator X and a Edwards Les Paul Custom with EMGs. I am looking for that Steve Stephen's sound, or Billy Duffy from the Cult... I am basically looking for a more Marshally tone, than rectifier...

Thanks Guys,

My MTS Rules!

I would say try a Brahma. I love mine. Boosting it gets me close to my Mr Scary module tone with more clarity. Great Marshally module.

I know how you feel.
I have 6L6 tubes in my head, too.
They help my brain function at maximum capacity.
My doctor says I'm smarter than most people after I installed new Tung-Sols Gold tubes in my frontal lobe.
I'm just a silly, silly man. :lol:

marshall sound =/ 6L6

get some EL34s in there mate, that'll set you straight.
i'm using electro harmonix 6CA7s at the moment and they're awesome!

Some EL34's and your SL+ module and you should be able to nail it.

Marshally AND saturated? Brown is the way to go, bro. I love my brown for that; it's slightly looser than the SL+ and has a more saturated tone.

Regarding power tubes, I would highly recommend the SED EL34 Winged-C's. They are the best sounding EL34's in modern production and are have proved very reliable. Give it a try and see where that takes you, I have a feeling it will help you get closer to where you want to be.

Have a great weekend
Trace

The winged =C= EL34s really that great? Where's the cheapest place to buy them?
How do they compare with the EH6CA7 and the Tung Sol EL34B?

Voodoo Amps said:
Regarding power tubes, I would highly recommend the SED EL34 Winged-C's. They are the best sounding EL34's in modern production and are have proved very reliable. Give it a try and see where that takes you, I have a feeling it will help you get closer to where you want to be.

Have a great weekend
Trace

I have SEDs, both EL34 and 6L6s No problems at all, sound great. 6L6s on the inside.

lolthrash said:
The winged =C= EL34s really that great? Where's the cheapest place to buy them?
How do they compare with the EH6CA7 and the Tung Sol EL34B?

Tube Depot, very fast, great price.
http://tubedepot.com/

FYI if you're after the Marshall sound, =c= EL34s are their stock tubes.

As far as power tubes go I think the St. Petersburg stuff is the best out there tonewise.

I'm running =c= 6550's. these are a little more transparent tonally.

Thanks for the input guys really appreciate it! I really like my 6L6's though compared to EL34s, I don't know why...