• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SG MK22 - SOLD

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disciple

Reaction score
SOLD

After a long debate and needing to sacrifice one of my mods to recoup some $, I'm selling my beloved MK22 :(

This is hands down one of the best Marshall tones I've played (real deal and MTS wise). Scott really hit a homerun with this module! As soon as he comes back to modding - I'll be getting this again.

Comes with custom faceplate (with wood grain texture design, not just gold like others), purple LED, gold Marshall knobs, 2203/2204 switch and bright switch.

Asking --- Shipped via paypal gift or add 4% for standard paypal.

NOTE: On the bottom right the lacquer has cracked a little from transit, doesn't affect art underneath. Also I am listing some non musical items locally, so if any of those sell first - I'm pulling this :)

6832965643_40320c084e.jpg

Just got one of these puppies in yesterday. It is truly authentic Marshall tone. Good guy bump.

yep, I got one of these...it does sound like a 70's marshall. Take the Les Paul with your Dimarzio SD pickups and its 1975.

So if this is the 70's module, what is the 80's marshall module?

feefop said:
yep, I got one of these...it does sound like a 70's marshall. Take the Les Paul with your Dimarzio SD pickups and its 1975.

So if this is the 70's module, what is the 80's marshall module?

The Judge does a **** good 80's Marshall.

Seriously, the best low-mid gain Marshall module you can buy, IMHO. Whoever buys this will be in for a pleasant surprise. You've never heard this Marshall tone in an MTS module. I've owned them all and I feel comfortable saying that. Other Marshall modules do a high gain that rocks, but if you're looking for a low-mid gain Marshall tone. BUY THIS.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this sale. Good guy selling it though. :wink:

It is a killer module....sounds very similar to the BE I had...little less gain and a little more bass heavy,but very close.....

Man, people consider this only a low-mid gain mod? Put it in 2204 mode and crank the gain to 8 or so, and I can't imagine what I'd do with much more gain. Oh by the way, I can't remember when this module last left my VP4 (except to go into my RM100 for a while). Everyone needs this tone.

I love mine, and it just nails the classic overdriven 70's JMP. So nice!

As for 80s Marshall, I would recommend either a stock or modded SL+ or Brahma. I have a modded Brahma that absolutely nails the 80s hair metal Marshall tone. Just add spandex and a a few tarted up black leather babes, and you're in the jungle baby!

Whoopysnorp said:
Man, people consider this only a low-mid gain mod? Put it in 2204 mode and crank the gain to 8 or so, and I can't imagine what I'd do with much more gain. Oh by the way, I can't remember when this module last left my VP4 (except to go into my RM100 for a while). Everyone needs this tone.

You misread that. I never said it was ONLY a low-mid gain module, I said it was the BEST low-mid gain Marshall module. :wink: You can use it as high gain as you like, but I prefer to use it as a mid-gain with my Mash-All or HG-Jose or 59RR. I just like the low-mid gain from this module, it's perfect.

drewiv said:
You misread that. I never said it was ONLY a low-mid gain module, I said it was the BEST low-mid gain Marshall module. :wink: You can use it as high gain as you like, but I prefer to use it as a mid-gain with my Mash-All or HG-Jose or 59RR. I just like the low-mid gain from this module, it's perfect.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, it excels at those tones for sure. I think it pretty much sounds awesome on every setting except maybe very clean ones, as it sort of thins out (though that can be cool too, in certain contexts).

Whoopysnorp said:
drewiv said:

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, it excels at those tones for sure. I think it pretty much sounds awesome on every setting except maybe very clean ones, as it sort of thins out (though that can be cool too, in certain contexts).

I shouldn't have said you misread it, I wasn't very clear in my original post.

I can't believe this is still here, SG will not be making these for a while (at best). Grab this while you can guys.

I'll never be getting rid of mine. This one doesn't do clean tones, but it has plenty of gain for 80's tones. I still love my Salvation Mash-All for my Marshall clean tones and the big JVM channel, but I think the MK22 is better at everything else in between. Buy this while you can!

audiomidijace said:
Why is this still available?

Not sure. Especially since Scott will not be making them or a while. Good price for a great module, IMHO.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate it :)

Not sure why no one has jumped on this mod lol but you know what I'm leaning toward keeping it and having Scott work some more magic into it once he returns. It seriously is a killer module that I really don't want to sell if I don't 100% have to.

Hoping my other stuff I'm selling other places locally and such sells soon.

It's probably still available because the Marshall mod market was focused on the limited run of JF '59 Platinums this week. If I hadn't just sent off payment for #24, I would be all over this Mk22. (In fact, I'm still considering it!)

I'm down to one module, so I've been considering this, too... Still, I'm hearing the call of the Salvado DLX, so I'm not sure I can or should swing this right now... Tough decisions!