SL+ sample clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to completing a clip and I actually didn't spend much time on it. It's just under a minute long. Both guitars are dry, no post-EQ and panned hard. Guitar is ESP Serpent w/ Screamin' Demon. Senn. E609 mic on a 1960 cab w/ GT75's. :D
Left--JCM800
Right--Stock

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754138

WOW makes me want an SL+ now.

May i ask: Are your drums simulated or did you do them on a real kit? They sound amazing.

Very cool. Screaming Demons are medium output pups, so I take it that you got the gain up pretty high to get that tone? The low end sounds a bit muffled as the result? Cool tone nevertheless. I like to hear how this sounds with solos, probably has some nice mids response.

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty happy with how easy it is to get great tone right out of the box, with the MTS. :D

--The Hunter--I think the SL+ is underrated and with a switch for both Stock and JCM modes, it's very usable.
The drums are EZDrummer Drumkit from Hell by Toontack. It's a plug in that needs a host application. I use Logic 8.

--tung--The gain was actually at 1:00. As for the low end, I agree to an extent, it could use a little cleaning up. The mic was only an inch off the grill. If I pull it away a little more it'll clean up a bit. When I record for "real", I'll spend more time on it. Honestly, it sounds pretty good here.
I can put a lead somewhere in there. The JCM mode is awesome for leads.

Im goona check that drums from hell out, i use old school ACID 4.0 with Beta Monkey Double bass mania 2 and i like that just fine but it seems like you have more dynamic control with an on screen interface to dial in the drums you want.

Its so hard to get original sounding drums and i think youve tapped into a handy tool, So thanks for a new resource.

D

TheHunter said:
Im goona check that drums from hell out, i use old school ACID 4.0 with Beta Monkey Double bass mania 2 and i like that just fine but it seems like you have more dynamic control with an on screen interface to dial in the drums you want.

Its so hard to get original sounding drums and i think youve tapped into a handy tool, So thanks for a new resource.

D

Check out toontrack.com

NunSuperior said:
Very nice! That SL+ doesn't sound like any of my Randall modules. It's so cool we can get such variety out of one amp. I was already thinking about an Ultra, now I have to add a SL+ to the list.

EZ Drummer does indeed rock. :)
http://www.toontrack.com/videos.asp#eztut

The JCM800 mod really sets it apart from the other modules, IMHO. I installed a switch to go from stock to JCM, just for kicks. This is the only time I've really used the stock mode.

ON that link, the "Grungy" clip.
What is that? THe SL module?
Details......................
That is a kick *** tune.

I love it.
Nice

To-student said:
ON that link, the "Grungy" clip.
What is that? THe SL module?
Details......................
That is a kick *** tune.

I love it.
Nice

The "Grungy" song was a working title for a song I wrote/recorded about 6 years ago. I used a Rocktron Piranha on that recording, the Piranha was my main preamp at the time. It's since been finished, including lyrics, but I haven't gotten around to record it with my MTS rig, yet. A finished version will eventually be uploaded, as well as, a bunch of others. Thanks for listening, I appreciate it a lot.

SacredGroove said:
The JCM800 mod really sets it apart from the other modules, IMHO. I installed a switch to go from stock to JCM, just for kicks. This is the only time I've really used the stock mode.

So then you did this mod yourself using the GRAILTONE mod and of course your own knowledge?

Yes, I do my own mods. I've studied modules and mods that I've seen. My experience with a soldering is what got me over the hump to actually do the mods. I have a module that I bought strictly for practicing and experimenting on.

The SL+ has a 2-way bass switch and jcm800/stock switch. I didn't attempt that until I tried it on my "lab rat" module.

SLfront-1.jpg