SL+, TreadPlate, and Deluxe stock sounds

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=46015421

"Cloaked"
begins with a Mexican Fender Strat into the Deluxe for the intro, tracked twice and panned moderately L/R with the right chasing the initial axe; I think I put the entire intro on inverse for polarity with a old tape simulator before the tune really kicks in

Crunch guitars Gibson Gothic Paul hard panned
L: Treadplate stock
R: SL+ stock

recorded with a 4x12 Marshall1960av bottom speaker
Crowley Tripp ne classic into a UA 6176 set on 1:1

No solos on these tracks, there will be some down the road
For reference, most of the other tracks on the site use a Tiny Terror with sm57s

Thanks tony!

The Treadplate certainly nails the Mesa chainsaw sound- better than the modern day rectifiers

The SL+ balances it out; dual Treadplate itself is angry and aggressive but the Marshall mids is a good counterbalance for my brand of modern hard rock

Important left out facts:

I used a mxr ZWylde distortion: tone 11:30, level 12:30, gain barely on---gave it the extra edge
rm100 head with (2) 6L6s
Roland 2480
No verb on the crunch guitars, pretty dry approach usually
secret weapon: Dunlop BASS wah on Guitars
Drop D tuning with 10-60 Wylde strings, red tortex pick

I only know the grail from clips on this site, but many say it's the best out there. The EG5 I have is really cool-I have a friend who plays my rig that thinks it is by far my best module- so I'd be interested in hearing an erect (that's Egnator- right?).

I am sending my treadplate out for mods, so I'll report back the results. I really like the stock tread, so having it tricked out with an Orange option sounds like a dream come true. It is said the bass selector option will yield the Grail sound- so on paper this looks like a no brainer.

Latest posts