Slayer Grammie

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMajik

Reaction score
WOW Slayer won the grammy for best metal performance. I guess even a broken clock hits the mark 2 times a day, and from what they had to choose from they couldn't go wrong.

All the nominees were worthy. That is my point. I find it kind of funny that the Grammies actually managed to award the grammy for best metal performance to a metal band for once. look at who else has won in that catagory, Jethro Tull, Goo goo dolls. These are all fine bands, just not metal.

I LOVE Mastodon, they are one of my favorite bands going right now. I actually think they have more going on than Slayer right now. But Slayer has the history.

Yeah...I was just going to say that...I mean I like Christ Illusion just as much as everyone else...but that Mastadon alblum is a killer.

Mastadon is doing something much more unique then slayer, but that slayer record is a really great SLAYER record, something tried and true eh!

I was just having this talk about how the grammys are a sham and how i cant respect any choices they make. Art shouldnt be judged in my opinion.

Slayer sure did right by getting Dave Lombardo back. Illusion is better than anything they have done since Seasons, but in my mind it still doesn't measure up to Seasons, let alone Raining Blood