Soldano module: Salvation or Gigmods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a Soldano module and can't decide between Pete or Anthony's stuff. What do you thing is a better Soldano SLO tone? Has anyone ever A/B'd the two?

I haven't but I just got my Gigmods in the mail Friday afternoon and used it for my weekend gig Fri and Sat. Had to go from FedEx to the gig so I had to turn it on and go. Without any real tweaking it sounded GREAT!!! I just need a little time with it to really get a feel for it.

Anthony's stuff is great. I have the Soldano mod and am very happy with it. Sounds great and looks great too. I have not had the opportunity to try Pete's stuff yet so I can't give a fair A/B comparison.

I plan to have Anthony work on more modules for me in the future, as soon as the cash becomes available.

Just my 2 cents.

Having owned a Gigmods XTC and Salvation Xtacy at the same time, I can say that the work of both of these guys is exceptional! Both modules were tone machines. You cannot go wrong whichever way you go. A SLODANO OR SALVADO module is going to deliver killer tone and won't dissapoint.
Cheers

I cannot comment on the Gigmods, but my "triple mod" with tight switch Salvado kills. Great tone, and a ton of options.

Brian(alaskaehlers)

I think people will hesitate to say this or that is better because first off opinions differ and second off they won't want to start any problems ;)

I have a Sloogie in the making, Salvado with triple mod and some extra ;)
So when that arrives I can give comments on the Salvado but not the Slodano of course..

I think like Smokey said, they're both going to be awesome. :D
It might just be more of a choice of convenience: which functions are available and which do you need, and then there's price of course..

Both sounded great but on personal preference, the simpler design and basic tone/feel for the Slodano won me out over the (albeit feature-rich) Salvado deluxe....the glow in the dark and snakeskin made it hard to part with though :D