Solved - Power Issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pettymusic

Reaction score
What's up, fellow MTS-ers?

I was hoping I could ask for some help. While playing last night, my RM22 just died. I changed the fuse near the power receptacle and the other fuse. No resolve. :(

No power light, no sound. So, I know it's pointing to the power section. When I measure the + pin of the power, from the receptacle, I get 35mv. Shouldn't it be 120v? I also noticed that when the power switch is on, the power tubes start to glow a little, and the PI tube has a faint glow to it. The other 2 do not glow at all.

A careful examination of the PCB, caps, etc reveal nothing. No blown or bleeding caps. No solder drippings that I could see. I reseated all connections and still nothing.

Any ideas would be really appreciated. This close to Christmas, I don't think I can get away with an Amp repair bill. If I can't fix it myself, I will be without till next year.

Thanks everyone!!

Rookie mistake on the voltage reading. I had my MM set to DC. :roll:

I am getting 120 volts until I get past the fuse. Between the fuse and the PT I am reading 2 volts.....AC that is. 8)

I checked the continuity from the power receptacle to the same pin that I only read 2 volts and it's good. Can the PT cause this irregular voltage after the fuse?

Well, I bit the bullet and took it to a tech. Hey, I had to admit I was over my head. It was a voltage regulator. Didn't break the bank either. Thankful for the savings and glad to be jamin' again.

Congrats on the fix. Good to hear it was a reasonable cost fix as well.

Latest posts