Some Uber SG bragging/reviewing/promoting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to post an apology... then some bad post came along and I had to reply.. but here goes:

My apologies for asking the gutshot. I clearly did not sense the objectability of that question on this forum correctly. I am still a bit new to this forum and I was wrongfully assuming this forum to be as technical minded as other amp-building-forums.

I am not blaming anybody for not sharing gutshot, and I certainly don't want to hurt the commercial modders.

I also did not sense the intertwining of this forum with the few commercial modders out there. I think I now better understand that the welfare of the commercial modeers is of benefit to the whole MTS community.

Lets leave it to that.

Back to OT.. it's a very fine looking module and I can't wait to hear some clips.

Cheers,
Thijs

tschrama said:
I can't let these personal accusations go; so just to clear some wrong assumptions:

1] I did not sign up to get gut shots. I signed up because I am shifting my mod platform from cheap jcm900s to cheaper MTS. I also wanted to participate in the classified correspondence. Furthermore I was hope for technical discussions. I am still amazed by the lack of technical discussion over here...

Sure. That's why only 20 posts in, you ask for gut shots of a module.

tschrama said:
2] I still can't see how asking for a gut shot is immoral as the commercial modders themselves need these as a starting point. But I am perfectly fine with a simple " no- I rather not " .

What? You're telling us that modders that create modules need gut shots of other modified modules as a starting point?

You're not making any sense.

tschrama said:
3] I don't think it is that difficult to adapt a module for a certain sound, I am confident about my own abilities. But maybe that is just because I am so fanatic about the circuit design of amp since my youth. But I am still interested in how other achieve their sound and I am happing to participate in dialogues about that.

Then go for it. There's no need for "gut shots" if you're so talented at amp modification.

tschrama said:
4] I am not asking if MTS is hurting other businesses. I was asking if commercial modders do when they themselves fear of being copied.

That's EXACTLY what you were asking:

tschrama said:
Directed at me? You got me all wrong......

I assume you must be afraid to lose business when you schemo's or gut shots leak out. Aren't you afraid that you, Bogner, Diezel, Engl lose business because you offer a module for 350$ so they don't have to buy their 3300$ real amp?

tschrama said:
5] I did not say, and I don't think that artistic efforts should be shared for free. Neither do I think that asking for sharing is immoral.

Nonsense. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted this:

tschrama said:
Some detailed gut shots would be cool, you know.. to clone the cloners..

If you don't think that asking for gut shots of a module in which a person spent tens of hours (if not a few hundred) to tune a module so that it offers certain characteristics, FOR FREE, your "morality" is quite different than mine.

Mike, I just think he was (just as I was and still am) floored that the mts community isn't more like other communities (such as pedal builders and etc). Everyone everywhere ELSE generally freely shares most if their knowledge. Ask someone for info on how to mod an mts module (or how someone else already did mod one) and you'll likely get your flippin head chopped off.

suphuckers said:
Mike, I just think he was (just as I was and still am) floored that the mts community isn't more like other communities (such as pedal builders and etc). Everyone everywhere ELSE generally freely shares most if their knowledge. Ask someone for info on how to mod an mts module (or how someone else already did mod one) and you'll likely get your flippin head chopped off.

I'm not familiar with any other communities in which people freely share schematics or "gut shots" of products still in production.

It's one thing to share the schematic or "gut shot" for a Marshall with an expired patent but it's another altogether to share on a Marshall under patent. I can only assume that Marshall's legal team would have those sites shut down quickly.

And btw I know exactly why Rob goops. It would just be nice if he stopped saying he does it for some other reason lol

The main reason I don't like goop is as follows. If I buy a module I own that module. If I want to tinker with it myself then I should be able to do that without the risk of destroying my pcb to do so.

Also, to be honest I might want to send it to someone else to add a switch or whatever. I shouldn't be restricted with MY property to have to deal with a buncha stupid goop.

And yes I know my option is to not have my stuff modded by someone who is going to use goop. Smh

Also Mike, And I've said this BEFORE.

None of these Modders are "PRODUCING" "ANYTHING"

Sorry for the BOLD and the CAPS but I get tried of saying that LMAO. Last time I checked RANDALL stopped producing MTS Modules. Or did I drop into a time warp or something? LoL

2nd As far as what you were saying about not knowing who shares current and etc etc. There are plenty of places to find all that stuff, but the short answer is there are only like 10 flipping pedals and 9 amps in the world anyways. EVERYTHING is built on some part of that list.

I mean lets get real here. ;)

suphuckers said:
Also Mike, And I've said this BEFORE.

None of these Modders are "PRODUCING" "ANYTHING"

Nonsense.

suphuckers said:
Sorry for the BOLD and the CAPS but I get tried of saying that LMAO. Last time I checked RANDALL stopped producing MTS Modules. Or did I drop into a time warp or something? LoL

2nd As far as what you were saying about not knowing who shares current and etc etc. There are plenty of places to find all that stuff, but the short answer is there are only like 10 flipping pedals and 9 amps in the world anyways. EVERYTHING is built on some part of that list.

I mean lets get real here. ;)

I think you're far from being "real", but hey, that's just, like my opinion.

I started to write this earlier and quickly deleted my post? I was going to say I wish there was more sharing of information for the DIYers here. I think the platform lends itself to some fairly easy and useful mods.

But I thought about it and realized the most knowledgeable people here have been very helpful in the past and would likely be happy to answer questions if they were asked. Rob has given me direction a number of times, Scott and Antony used to post in the DYI section answering questions and making suggestions and of course, Bruce is always happy to answer questions.

Asking for gut shots of a modders modules is not going to be received well and is in bad taste (it also sounds a little dirty).

Maybe we should take this conversation to the DYI section and get this thread back on topic?

BTW, nice looking module blacksun!
:D

Ha,

Well I'm at least glad to see you could offer no rebuttal lmao.

The only reason I'm offering my opinion on this is,

1. I have an SG module in my possession (The focus of the OT) that has NO goop on it.
2. Because the subject of goop came up.

This SG Module I bought is clean and it kicks ***!

Next time I'm looking for a module, SG is the 1st place I'm going to look.

It has limited functions, but it's not all covered in goop. If I want to add something (which Im not saying I do) it's not hard to do. The basic Module has awesome sound/tone. Sometimes less is more ;)

Peace out Dudes!

Edit: ...and Marco I agree. I don't think I was saying I support "gut shots" of a module, but I hate goop, and I support sharing of information.

tschrama said:
I was going to post an apology... then some bad post came along and I had to reply.. but here goes:

My apologies for asking the gutshot. I clearly did not sense the objectability of that question on this forum correctly. I am still a bit new to this forum and I was wrongfully assuming this forum to be as technical minded as other amp-building-forums.

I am not blaming anybody for not sharing gutshot, and I certainly don't want to hurt the commercial modders.

I also did not sense the intertwining of this forum with the few commercial modders out there. I think I now better understand that the welfare of the commercial modeers is of benefit to the whole MTS community.

Lets leave it to that.

Back to OT.. it's a very fine looking module and I can't wait to hear some clips.

Cheers,
Thijs

Thanks for your complements on the module, Thijs. Nice with some more European input. About clips, I will be in Amsterdam next weekend, not sure I will have found the time to implement the uberschwarz until then though.

About that request, I see where you are coming from, me for instance have also been lurking a lot at the metroamp forum, and such a request would be have been completely appropriate in that context.

Still a beautiful module, look forward to hearing it.

AM I right in thinking you order two of everything??? :shock: :twisted:

suphuckers said:
And btw I know exactly why Rob goops. It would just be nice if he stopped saying he does it for some other reason lol

The main reason I don't like goop is as follows. If I buy a module I own that module. If I want to tinker with it myself then I should be able to do that without the risk of destroying my pcb to do so.

Also, to be honest I might want to send it to someone else to add a switch or whatever. I shouldn't be restricted with MY property to have to deal with a buncha stupid goop.

And yes I know my option is to not have my stuff modded by someone who is going to use goop. Smh

Perhaps I was unclear in my numerous past posts as to why the goop was used? If not, I strongly suggest you go back to page 2 and re-read my explanation. If that is still unclear to you, feel free to call my shop and I'll happily walk you through it on the phone at a pace you can understand.

You are 100% correct that you own your module. I 100% own the IP that is involved in the service I provide if I mod a module. That is my interpretation of how to create a tone on a given platform. If you have a problem with how I need to conduct my business then it's a simple decision not to become a patron. No loss on your part or mine.

I believe you are encountering some resistance here because you conduct yourself in a manner that this community has so fortunately been void of for a decade. You sound like half the idiots on every other internet forum and that has never been the culture here. Half the reason this place is still active at all is because a group of guys actually enjoy this place being SO different than other places to chat. You always have the right answer, know more than everyone else and constantly "LMAO" in every other post. This isn't the place for that. It never has been and never will be.

As for you and I, well I don't even know you. However I am a respected business owner, amp tech, amp builder, modder and more for nearly ten years now. My body of work speaks for itself, with thousands of amps on 6 continents standing behind my name. When you show me something maybe we can talk again. Otherwise it's probably best you keep my name out of your mouth and stick to what you know.

suphuckers said:
Ha,

Well I'm at least glad to see you could offer no rebuttal lmao.

I'm sorry but I have a job, which is create music for network and cable TV programs. Debating with an anonymous and uninformed internet user is pretty low on my list of priorities.

As for your question, YES, something is "produced": It's called Intellectual Property (IP). Or if that is too much for you to comprehend, call it a service. What Anthony, Dave, Rob, Scott and Trace do is provide a service. For a fee, they'll modify an existing MTS board to sound better, different, etc. and so on. That service is NOT free. Sharing those changes crosses the morality line and most certainly infringes on the IP created by those people.

I couldn't give a flying burrito what you do with your modules or from whom you purchase them. But in my opinion, posts like yours should alert any and all modders that like Rob, they should be gooping their work.

My SG mods and my JF mods are not gooped. I have zero problems. :)

BTW, nice mod. I challenge anyone to pick up a SG mod to see what you think.

Jaded Faith said:
You always have the right answer, know more than everyone else and constantly "LMAO" in every other post.

Here's something we can all agree on :lol:

lintycreep said:
Jaded Faith said:
You always have the right answer, know more than everyone else and constantly "LMAO" in every other post.

Here's something we can all agree on :lol:

Linty, I'm always LMAO, because you guys are always taking yourselves way too fucking seriously. Get over yourselves.

Some of you guys get on here and talk about this **** like it's some kind of amazing rocket science. It's just a **** amplifier. Every one of these things is a really simple circuit, based on **** that was invented like 100 yrs ago.

So no you don't know me, but maybe that's your problem. The systems that I work on have 1000's of components and are incredibly more complex.

The reason I buy modules instead of build them is that I have more important things to do with my time.

Soooo Give me a break with all this silly BS. Geez.

The point is, I don't want to invest the time to make an entire module, but I might spend a Friday tweaking one a little. If I have to dig through layers of goop to get to the pcb, that's kind of irritating. That's all I was saying.

...and back to the OT. This SG Module I just bought a few weeks ago, not only has NO goop, but so far I don't even see where it needs any tweaking. Respect to the guy that made it. It's as simple as that.

Latest posts