TC G-Major

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disasterxpieces

Reaction score
I know alot of people here are using the TC G-Major and I'm wondering how transparent it really is? BTW, even tho I know its wrong even tho it should sound fine, does anyone just run time based stomps straight into the main input? Line level really gets annoying after a while.

IMO, the Rocktron Xpression is more transparent than the G-Major but the G-Major has allot more effect variations. Not sure about the stomps. I'm not using any.

I had a G-Major, and currently have an Xpression....the Xpression is definately more transparent then the G-Major...although it's not enough to make me recomend one over the other. The reverb on the G-Major is much nicer, it's also a bigger pain in the *** to program.

I used to have a huge pedalboard and run everything into a single channel amp using a big looper...it worked....but delay/reverb didn't sound anywhere near as nice. I guess it would depend on what you're doing with your effects and how much you use them.

Can you get a volume boost for solos with the expression like you can the Gmajor? That's one of my favorite features of the Gmajor, but I may be buying another processor for another amp soon.

Pete

I can't say I've ever tried, I mean it would be easy enough to make one preset a little hotter then the others I guess. I'm spoiled by 8 channels...there is always one or two cranked louder for a solo boost. :D

JayDA said:
I can't say I've ever tried, I mean it would be easy enough to make one preset a little hotter then the others I guess. I'm spoiled by 8 channels...there is always one or two cranked louder for a solo boost. :D

On the Gmajor you can set up one button on your foot controller to boost the level, without having to leave the entire preset. big difference vs changing the entire preset... this way you can leave your fx like delay and tap tempo time, etc alone.

In that case...then no....I've read the manual quite a few times and I've never seen any reference to that kind of feature.

Yeah, you can do that with the g-major by assigning a particular control change to the program volume... it's not the simplest implementation, but it is possible.

--B

okstrat said:
Can you get a volume boost for solos with the expression like you can the Gmajor? That's one of my favorite features of the Gmajor, but I may be buying another processor for another amp soon.

Pete
what processor are you thinking about? I sent you an email about buying some face plate, just wondering if you got it.

I got your email, been real busy, but will reply tonight. I am at work and don't have access to downloaded emails here... last night I spent in rehearsal with a new bass player and soldering on some modules. :)

I currently have a G Major, been thinking about the Rocktron Xpression for another rig... I have several different 'gig rigs' that I go back and forth on.

Pete

i had both and i agree with the xpression being more transparent. The g major feels easier to edit by some reason though. Reason why i kept it. Both are very comparable effects wise, chorus better here, delay better there and so on.

hey !
I?ve a big problem...
I?d like to buy a new multi-fx. My decision : TC-Electronic G-MAJOR or Rocktron EXPRESSION
do you know what I mean ? ....to be of two minds of sth.
Don?t know what to do - I?ve downloaded both manuals and checked out pros and cons.
Only thing : I could have an old Rocktron Midi Mate Controller of my father. Do you think it better works out with the expression ?

cheers,
grex

I don't think the controller is going to matter much...which effects are the most important to you?

I?m tryin? to check out a quiet simple and versible set-up. Straight rock/metal sounds with some descreet effects ( for clean - compressor, delay, chorus / chrunch : EQ )

GUITAR -> IN RM100 -> SEND RM100 -> IN EXPRESSION or G-MAJOR OUT -> RETOURN RM100 + TUNER DTR1000 ( +AB-BOX)

I would move your tuner before your amplifier.

I was just using an Xpression thru the serial loop of my RM100 and it worked great. I kept the Xpression in analog mode and you couldn't tell the difference.