The Dragon Module - New Clip on Page 6!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ultra Dragon is just CRUSHING! My favorite high gain module by far! All of the switches make very musical changes and the tone controls are much more useful now. I couldn't be happier with it.
Cheers,
Jace

kyle,
outstanding sounds, brutha!!!!!!
I am not the drop tune nu-metal guy and I thought it was great.
But I was wondering, were you in drop D? And was this really passive pickups?
****, the tone is amazing.

I am using a Rm4 with 6l6 and El34s in it and was wondering if I can ever get the clarity that you get. (I use Celestion v30s ,like you.) But its emgs in my guitar.
And yeah I have a Ultra..maybe its time to become Dragon-ized.
GtrGeorge

^^ I did make a few adjustments but it was more for clarity sake than true different sound.

^
Thanks man!!
Yeah I was playing in Drop C and it was with a Seymour JB in the bridge. ;)

First guitar I ever owned and it's about 10 years old now. Good old Ibanez SA160. It's never let me down, having an Ibanez JEM the SA160 is 100% more reliable in my opinion but, the more I think about it the JEM is also from 87 so time takes it's part sometimes. 8)

Also I'm using KT66s in the middle of the RM100 so it's got more of a 6L6 sound rather than the KT88s on the outside. You should be alright ;)

Woo hoo! All aboard the Dragon train!!! I just ordered my Ultra Dragon XL today! The Ultra XL is one of my fave modules to begin with and I can't wait to hear Kyle's magic with it...

Plus, I'll report back once I get it...From the clips, I already love it....

Mattfig said:
Woo hoo! All aboard the Dragon train!!! I just ordered my Ultra Dragon XL today! The Ultra XL is one of my fave modules to begin with and I can't wait to hear Kyle's magic with it...

Plus, I'll report back once I get it...From the clips, I already love it....
Haha dude, you're going absolutely insane!
Soon you'll have more modules than are in Michael Wagener's rack of doom!

Do report back!
I think you'll be one of the best guru's on this, since you've had / have almost every module and mod that exists ;)

Just got mine. This module kicks complete ***. Here's a clip;

http://forefrontphotography.com/pics/preamps/dragon.mp3

2001 Gibson Les Paul Junior (drop tuned to C#) -> P90 (bridge) -> RM50 (Dragon) -> THD Hotplate (bright & deep switch) -> Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab /w Celestion Vintage 30 & Eminance Wizard -> sm57 x2 (1" from grill, pointed at cap) -> API & Brent Averill pre's -> Lynx L22 -> Nuendo

Mixes veeeery nice with an SL+. They complement each other beautifully.

riff19 said:
Just got mine. This module kicks complete ***. Here's a clip;

http://forefrontphotography.com/pics/preamps/dragon.mp3

2001 Gibson Les Paul Junior (drop tuned to C#) -> P90 (bridge) -> RM50 (Dragon) -> THD Hotplate (bright & deep switch) -> Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab /w Celestion Vintage 30 & Eminance Wizard -> sm57 x2 (1" from grill, pointed at cap) -> API & Brent Averill pre's -> Lynx L22 -> Nuendo

That clips sounds bada$$ dude! What all were you using??

*edit* Nvm, I just looked at your sig! SWEEEEET sounding clip, dude! That's really got me interested in checking out the Dragon.

Which version did you get? Dragon Ultra, Dragon Ultra XL, regular Dragon?

*Wipes tears from eyes*

She's beautiful!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

And maybe if I feed her after midnight she'll reproduce even more evil versions of herself??? OK, dumb Mogwai joke...I'm guessing many of you aren't even old enough to know what a Mogwai is...

Aside from a kickass module of course...

Here's just a little clip I did of it. Now off the the post office.

It's just showing the mid shift differences and it's in the tightest position with normal voicing.

It goes from Up to Middle to Down.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/Up%20Middle%20Down.mp3

Latest posts