The Judge

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the Super V,

I have that in my newly acquired Rm100. With the JJs it basically had the disappointing sound you read about above, but by putting a Mullard and a 5751 in the RM100, its now a nice clean module, not special to my ears, but perfectly usable.

A new Lynch module would be cool!

There was a review of the LB50 combo in recent months and the reviewer said that the Super V was far to gainy to be a replica type module but sounded cool non the less.
I agree the only Top Boost I've ever been exposed to was gainy and had that unique mid like the Super V.
The Mr Scary was also reviewed and basically it was said that it nails GL's Dokken/Lynch Mob hig gain tones.
I like them both and use them regularily however the Super V gets me slightly breaking cleans which I then hit with the BBE Green Screamer for classic rock grind goodness... the BBE just mates up perfectly with it.

A rep at the music store I'm dealing with said that he spoke to Randall today and the Judge module is already out. Anybody seen or heard anything about it?

Caine said:
A rep at the music store I'm dealing with said that he spoke to Randall today and the Judge module is already out. Anybody seen or heard anything about it?

Nope. I would like to though. Randall is really dropping the ball in their marketing department. Changes or not, you need to stay relevant. I am unemployed, due to the economy, and in marketing/sales. Do you hear me Randall?!?

it is showing up on sites as the new Black Brahma. I think it is just a Brahma tweaked for more bottom end and more gain .probably similar to the BE/HBE from Freidman

gtr31 said:
it is showing up on sites as the new Black Brahma. I think it is just a Brahma tweaked for more bottom end and more gain .probably similar to the BE/HBE from Freidman

I pre-ordered a lynch box 2 x 12 speaker cab at the local music store and when the sales associate spoke to the Randall rep, he asked about the "Judge" and the rep said it was out already. So it is my understanding that there is something entirely new out there now called the "Judge." Gerry, George's tech, confirmend it a couple of months ago in this discussion thread:
http://www.lynchforum.com/lynchforum2/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3846

Caine said:
gtr31 said:

I pre-ordered a lynch box 2 x 12 speaker cab at the local music store and when the sales associate spoke to the Randall rep, he asked about the "Judge" and the rep said it was out already. So it is my understanding that there is something entirely new out there now called the "Judge." Gerry, George's tech, confirmend it a couple of months ago in this discussion thread:
http://www.lynchforum.com/lynchforum2/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3846

George might have one but there is no other info out there to support it. People will buy it if it is but I don't believe that even the big Randall distributors know anything.

eyeball987 said:
George might have one but there is no other info out there to support it. People will buy it if it is but I don't believe that even the big Randall distributors know anything.

Well, all I can say is what I said before, but I'll be more specific this time. I spoke with Joe at Mid Michigan Music in Midland, Michigan www.midmichiganmusic.com last week via email and again in person at the store on Friday, 8-20-10. He told me when he ordered my cab that he asked about the Judge module. He told me the Randall rep told him that it is out now. I guess I don't know what his motive would be for lying about it, so as far as I know, it's out. You can reach Joe at [email protected]

caine said:
Well, all I can say is what I said before, but I'll be more specific this time. I spoke with Joe at Mid Michigan Music in Midland, Michigan www.midmichiganmusic.com last week via email and again in person at the store on Friday, 8-20-10. He told me when he ordered my cab that he asked about the Judge module. He told me the Randall rep told him that it is out now. I guess I don't know what his motive would be for lying about it, so as far as I know, it's out. You can reach Joe at [email protected]

Hey! That's right in my neighborhood! Jeremiah at Mid-Michigan Music is a good authority on all the MTS gear. I bought my Lynch Box Combo, Plexi, and SL+ from him. If the "Judge" is out, I know he'd be able to order it from Randall. Two other dealers told me the LB combo was out of stock, but he still managed to get me a brand new one.

Caine said:
eyeball987 said:

It's amazing how some people don't believe the posts they are reading....
Thanks so much for the info!!! :lol:

Has anyone actually purchased this module yet & given it a spin or 3.

I saw a picture of it in the catalogue & I'm intrigued. I definately like how they kept a similar style theme with the Grail & Scary (Black with Chrome knobs). Lately the Brahma has caught my eye, and this seems to be the Brahma with some mods.

Where do you buy the Judge. I can't find it for sale anywhere. I am getting a little tired of Randall not giving us what we want. Come on...Do they want to make sales or what?

There are only so many guitar amp tones and things that are real close to them. As long as we can still get the basic stuff it's all good right? You can still have Fender, Marshall, Vox, and Mesa in the same amp with the stock mods. And then if you want to go further you can hve them modded. Lynch uses different stuff now. He's still chasing tone. He hasn't realized that no matter what he plays he's still going to sound like George Lynch.

Too true...
I have nothing against the modders. In fact I think they are doing a great job of filling a niche that Randall could be profitting off of. I think that they could at least release some modules with more switching options and maybe a mid sweep.
George is George. I like how he uses different things and experiments with new stuff as soon as he finds out about it. I just listened to Sacred Groove the other day and I love the rich dynamics and searing leads. He could probably do just as good with a POD HD.
That is where I am at with gear. What I mean is that I want the most simple, yet effective way to get great sound with the flexibility to grow with my style. I don't want to carry around 200 pounds+ of gear any more than you do. Ideally, I would like to take one unit to any venue, hook it up to the PA and rip. Is that too much to ask? I think I will wait just a little while and see what happens with software based modeling technology and see what emerges as the best at the best price point. I have the Line6 Gearbox Gold software and it really kicks ***. I'm really wanting one of those HD500 units. It just sounds too good to be true. I will go out and try one. Thanks for the info, Julia.

Daryl said:
Where do you buy the Judge. I can't find it for sale anywhere. I am getting a little tired of Randall not giving us what we want. Come on...Do they want to make sales or what?

Beyond Eleven is the only place I have seen the Judge advertised, aside from Randalls 2010 catalogue. Beyond Eleven is listing it as the GTO & the site claims it is in stock.

Daryl said:
Anyone had a chance to try the Judge/GTO yet?

Well, it was supposedly going to be released a few months ago... then it was delayed... and delayed. Last I heard from the rep at the store I deal with the Randall rep told him it was "three weeks out" and that was a couple weeks ago, so hopefully sometime later this month it will start showing up in stores. I guess the model designation is USM-GTO.

Maybe they should rename it the Sasquatch module. People have heard about it, there are some blurry photos of it but no one has actually seen one in person. :lol:
sasquatch_walking_away.jpg

Latest posts