Titanium Floyd Rose Saddles Available!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl

Reaction score
Titanium Floyd Rose saddles for the Original Floyd Rose are available from Musician's Friend!!! Only $299.99 a set. Compared to floydupgrades.com@ $795, it's a killer deal. Titanium is a great conductor of energy, very durable and virtually chemically inert (no corrosion ever). It is the best possible upgrade to your Floyd equipped guitar. It beats the hell out of the cheap cast zinc, pot metal saddles that come stock. Even the best Floyds suffer from cheap quality metal for the saddles. The German Floyds already have a really nice C45 hardened steel baseplate, so why not up the ante and get some of these little suckers. I know I am. I've tried titanium parts and they rock. I've heard people say that they introduce too much treble, but that is crap. They introduce a lot more across the frequency spectrum. It's like going from black and white television to HD. It's like playing a guitar with a plywood body and then switching over to a solid wood body and saying that the solid wood introduces too much treble. Sure there's more treble, but there is so much more going on. It's just a whole other dimension of quality. So adjust those amp control knobs and you'll get it in no time. I currently use a titanium sustain block and it was a HUGE difference from the stock cast zinc POS that it came with. Big sustain and tight bass were the first thing I noticed. I can't wait to try the saddles and the titanium mounting studs. That should take care of all the shitty stock parts left on my Original Floyd....
And soon these little fellas are going to join the party...CHeck em' out and the other titanium components available from Floyd Rose. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?sB=r&question=titanium+floyd#fT=&gP=1&pS=20&v=g&sB=r&lP=s&question=titanium

DV016_Jpg_Large_H77688.jpg

I've been very curious to try these... but they're the wrong color lol. Just kidding. I sold my last Floyd equipped guitar, but I have another one on layaway... USA Jackson Warrior WR1!

danger5oh said:
I've been very curious to try these... but they're the wrong color lol. Just kidding. I sold my last Floyd equipped guitar, but I have another one on layaway... USA Jackson Warrior WR1!
Nice. :D That combination sounds killer. Don't forget to swap out that sustain block first. That was a huge reality check for me. I have actually used the blocks and even the more affordable brass blocks are a huge upgrade. It gives it more balls and sustain right off the bat and it's a noticeable amount of extra juice. Have you seen the big block shootout? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZ3w_Qwq2Q

That's a great idea... I'm not really a "Floyd guy" so it's all kinda new to me. I have heard great things about the big blocks... I'll prob be installing one!

danger5oh said:
That's a great idea... I'm not really a "Floyd guy" so it's all kinda new to me. I have heard great things about the big blocks... I'll prob be installing one!
If you are going to have at least one Floyd Rose guitar on hand and are used to using a hardtail, I would suggest a tremstopper.

This is a link to a much better one than from floydupgrades.com. I've tried both and this one is awesome. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Floyd-Rose-big-brass-tremolo-stopper-w-hardware-ibanez-/290659261465?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item43aca45c19#ht_500wt_1361
BrassTremoloStopper800.jpg

I'm gonna pick up some Titanium saddles soon. Ive been using the L brass big block for some time now. My last floyd equipped guitar build I considered a titanium block but was concerned with the added brightness it would present after chatting with Adam @ FU.

The decision to continue to pair the brass with my BK pickups was a wise choice as things are very clear and well balanced with my set up.

@ $300 I'll be trying these. How could you go wrong with their return policy!

Latest posts