Too Loud or Deaf

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Reaction score
My other guitar player in our band says I am always too loud.....

Master at 3 o'clock
Level at 9 o'clock

That can't be too Loud...or em' I just Deaf

just want to know what you guys set your volume at in band setting.

My RM50HB starts to get uncomfortably loud after about 2 o'clock on the master with the channel above 9 o'clock..it was bearable at 2 and 10 only with the HOTPLATE set to -8dB but still loud....like could only stand it for 20mins at a time loud.

Try JJ 6V6s! Allows you to drive the power amp without getting too loud. Bias around 20, then if that's too loud, it ain't rock and roll! Pat L.

How does the band rehearse? Are you cranking your amp because you're right on top of it and can't hear it? Try putting your amp on the other side of the room, angling it at you, and have your other guitarists amp next to you angling over at him, see if this helps.
Another option could be the EQ. How is your amp EQ'ed? Are you all fighting for the same frequency space?
Finally, there are other instruments in the band besides just guitar (yeah, I know it's difficult to admit at times). Get the level, so all instruments are only just louder than the drums and not straining to be heard.
Cheers

my drummer is super loud and i have to go a little higher on my module voulume but 3 0 clock on the master is where i always keep it set for practice and then i use the module for volume. the last post brought up some excellent points so i'd try to follow those but no i don't think your deaf or too loud cause i have the same problem and when my band is not playing and i hit a chord to check the tuning i always say to muself , i can't be playing this loud but as soon as the band starts playing i almost wish i was louder

Same here. It seems off the bat I am just BLARING loud, but once the music is rolling, I have to turn up! But I stand off to the side of my amp when playing. When I do get a chance to wander in front of it while playing its like a WALL of sound. So position definitely plays a big part. Also isnt there a certain point where temporary hearing loss occurs? I read somewhere its like after 20 minutes of loud playing? :?

I assume you're playing with a loud drummer. That's how my band is. We all wear earplugs or we'd be deaf by now. It takes some getting used to but it's better than the alternative.

I think it's important to stand in front of your amp, especially if you play through a 4x12 because they're SUPER directional. If you're off to the side you can't hear what you really sound like and whoever is in front of your amp is getting really blasted. Try to scoot back your amp from yourself if you can and you'll get a realistic mix that's similar to what the audience would get at your show. If you point your amp at yourself and you can't hear anything else then you were probably too loud.

You don't listen to your stereo by pointing the speakers the other way, same with your amp.

jake

Yeah I have to do that. Maybe thats why my bass player keeps freaking out since i have my 4X12 pointed directly at him! hahaha
And I keep saying "I just cant hear the guitars!" I will just step up a few feet. Our jamming space is pretty tight though, but will do some adjustments. :D

I believe it was once stated in the movie "AirHeads"....... "if it's too loud.....you're too old!!!" :twisted:

I agree with the stand in front of your amp. Me and my bass player have our amp's slightly pointed to each other, so we stand on opposite sides.... Makes a world of difference.