troube with reverb pedal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Im running an RM50 At the moment (RM100 is in the shop) Im trying to run a Boss RV-5 Reverb pedal through it, But i am encountering alot of issues . If i hook it up in front of the amp or in the effects loop of my NS-2 noise suppressor and play with any kind of gain it destroys my tone makes it a garbled mess and if i run it through the effects loop it cuts my voume by about 50% anyone ever have an issue such as this?
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
Im running an RM50 At the moment (RM100 is in the shop) Im trying to run a Boss RV-5 Reverb pedal through it, But i am encountering alot of issues . If i hook it up in front of the amp or in the effects loop of my NS-2 noise suppressor and play with any kind of gain it destroys my tone makes it a garbled mess and if i run it through the effects loop it cuts my voume by about 50% anyone ever have an issue such as this?
-mp-
doesnt ur rm50 have built in reverb? If not, you should try plugging ur pedal into the parallel loop, set the pedal wet, and control it via the effects control in front

Yea my rm50 has built in reverb but i want to be able to have the reverb on for cleans and leads but i want to be able to shut it off for rhythm playing ill try the parallel loop good thinking fig...
-mp-

Two things:

1: You can't run a Reverb in front of a gain effect (ie: a distortion pedal or the gain channel on your amp). It has to run behind there effects and that one of the only steadfast rules in signal chain set up. Distortion will smear the reverb into a garbled mess.

and

2: The loops in the RM amps are designed for pro level gear and too hot to use most pedals without a line level shifter. Your Boss pedal is one such pedal.

Mr. Fig said that i could run it through the parallel loop and then mix it into my signal with the effects knob on the front... is this feasible?
-mp-

FWIW, anything following "Mr Fig said" should be taken with caution.... 8)

And "Pro" is just a term for line level or +4db ...

It doesn't mean products that use instrument level or -10db (as most do) are less professional, their output is less than the RM amps desire...

I'd check your manual but I'm pretty sure you the POD XT Pro has line level output...You just have to make sure you have it set up to do...Many times, if a product offers a +4 there is often a -10 option...Just pointing that out...

zepplin490 said:
Mr. Fig said that i could run it through the parallel loop and then mix it into my signal with the effects knob on the front... is this feasible?
-mp-
If it's not balanced and not instrument level (TS), it should work somewhat fine, but it will be ~6 db quieter than you'd normally expect. That's what happens when you plug non-balanced with balanced, in non-technical terms or accuracy.

Latest posts