tube layout for RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dboy5150

Reaction score
Searched around the forum and can't find it. Anybody know the layout of the buffer tubes? input, series and parallel effects?
Thanks!
Denny

Input buffer definitely uses one side(triode) of the ax7 closest to the input jack and the Phase Inverter is the 12ax7 closest to the power tubes (no tube expert but I think a PI uses both sides(triodes) of the tube, one for each 'side' of the power cycle)

This leaves 1.5 12ax7s (3 triodes) but I'd say based on proximity/position in the circuit the third 12ax7 tube is used the buffer the FX loop (s?)

Thanks JKD; just what I needed. I can see why you like the RM50 so much; it seems to be "fatter" sounding than either RM100 or RM4/RT250.
Working on best solution to boost it for leads otherwise I dig this amp a lot.

dboy5150 said:
Thanks JKD; just what I needed. I can see why you like the RM50 so much; it seems to be "fatter" sounding than either RM100 or RM4/RT250.
Working on best solution to boost it for leads otherwise I dig this amp a lot.

why is it fatter sounding?

I just think the 50W sounds warmer than the 100....the 100 has a lot more low end but I think it sounds sterile compared to the 50....some might say it's 'thinner' and I could see where they are coming from...

Then again I have KT-88s in my RM50...monster tubes!