Unusual Clicking/switching behavior

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimE

Reaction score
I purchased a Syn2 and a couple of modules. All was good until I hooked up MIDI to start switching channels. Now, I’m getting very odd behavior with something
that sounds like the channel switcher is randomly switching or something else is clicking. It happens only when signal is flowing through. I made a video
of the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/forx...2770.MOV?rlkey=0yc6v2pgug8eqwkdueuwhg3jr&dl=0

are you using the Syn2 with phantom power to power the channel switcher (7 pin) - it sounds like it is getting bleed thru voltage from ground and confusing the relay - try a different MIDI cable or see if you have things grounded properly. Especially if you are using MIDI cables with metal ends

Last edited:
Thanks. I was using a standard 5-pin MIDI cable to a battery-powered Airstep MIDI switcher. I unplugged all cables, reseated the vaccume tube and plugged everything in. The problem seems to have disappeared. Maybe some of the wires were crossed creating the interference you mentioned. I'll report back if I am able to recreate the problem.

Latest posts