Voodoo Amps "Express" mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewiv

Reaction score
Does anyone have or has anyone had a a Voodoo Amps "Express" mod? I recently acquired a second Blackface module and was considering this mod. Either that or just selling the second Blackface when it gets to me.

I have a Loneclean and a Twinface is on the way, will either of these get me close to the Trainwreck sound? I have played around with the Loneclean and though it is awesome, and I mean awesome, it doesn't get the Trainwreck sound. At least I haven't found it yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Yes, even you Trace. :D

-Drew

Hey there Drew :) I got your PM and have responded but thought I would also post here as well for those who are interested.

Express - The real Trainwreck Express gets most of it's gain from the power supply or more specifically the phase inverter tube. When we first began offering Mods for the MTS modules we weren't sure how player would want to use them. Some are studio players, some are live players and some are at-home players. What we have discovered is that most do not go for power supply break up and as such we are redesigning the Express Mod so that it works hand-in-hand with how most run their RM50/RM100's and other Randall units.

If you have any questions what so ever please feel free to post them. I usually get email notifications letting me know there are replies so I will check it as soon as I get the email :)

All the best & have a great Tuesday morning!!
Trace

Latest posts