VoodooAmps output transformer??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoomyk

Reaction score
Has anyone had their RM100 modded by Voodoo?????

I'm very interested in getting mine done, however at almost $500 for the full monty of mods I'd like to get some feedback on the difference it makes.

Thanks!

The input and output trannies are worth upgrading. Having an extensive electrical background I had no issues doing both upgrades myself. Paying someone else to do the upgrades, that's a decent size nut to swallow just to get one of them done.

At the cost of all upgrades to modules and an rm100, you can easily be spending $$ that put you in the market of some nice boutique amps.

I really didn't get pulled into the "haftah have every module" syndrome. I did acquire a good collection. With all the mods to modules and extras on the rm100, "FOR ME", I didn't feel the rm100 was cutting the mustard in comparison to other amps in the same price range.

But if you got the extra cake, your RM100 will benefit from transformer upgrades with the output transformer yielding significantally more results than the input.

If it were me I would consider having some modules modded before getting the amp's transformer upgraded. Then again I've never heard what that tweak does to the RM100.

Upgrading the output tranny yields a significant amount of clarity to the amp. It'll tighten up the bottom end a touch and you will hear what is perceived as more gain. But in all actuallity it's the added clarity your hearing. Search the forum. This topics been discussed a few times.

A good way to measure the value of this upgrade is to compare it to the difference between a stock and modded module. Same type of results generally speaking.

bhuard75 said:
Upgrading the output tranny yields a significant amount of clarity to the amp. It'll tighten up the bottom end a touch and you will hear what is perceived as more gain. But in all actuallity it's the added clarity your hearing. Search the forum. This topics been discussed a few times.
Your knowledge on this has always been very informative, thanks for sharing.
BTW Have you heard or played the EVH 5150 III? it supposed to have a transformer that's developed specifically for the amp, and Eddie's tech, Matt Bruck have said that's a large part of the amp's tone.

I have not tried a EVH 5153. But it is an amp I'm interested in checking out. Gary Howey does a serious run through demo of this amp on YouTube. Sounds awesome and I believe I would fancy that amp even if it required some modifications.

It's very common place for boutique amp designers to spec out transformers for their amps. Bogners, Cameron, diezal amps for example all have their own unique transformer built specifically for their designed power section.