Warmoth Strat Build - Pics Inside

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guiness for Strength

Reaction score
Just got the Warmoth built and I'm in love with it. It is a "Super Strat" built to my preferences in body and neck. Dealt with Gregg Stewart at Warmoth, a very helpful and friendly guy. Eric Chaz at Eric's Guitar Shop (Los Angeles) put it together and did a beautiful job.
I made this my dream guitar and didn't cut a single corner. All the parts and building costs add up to about $1500, and took 3 months or so.
Plays amazingly, stellar tone, and surprisingly has Les Paul-like sustain.
Warmoth_Strat_1.gif

Stratocaster body, 1 Humbucker route for EMG 81. 5A flame maple top. Floyd Rose recessed tremolo. 1 Vol 1 Tone.
Warmoth_Strat_2.gif

Mahogany back. Battry box for active EMG. The plate at the neck joint has an ingraving of Jimi Hendrix that is impossible for me to photograph.
Warmoth_Strat_3.gif

Reverse headstock.
Warmoth_Strat_4.gif

Maple neck, bound ebony board. Great work on the top meeting the mahogany body.
Warmoth_Strat_5.gif

I had this made because there is no guitar maker that makes this guitar, unless you go custom shop. I love Strats for their playability, but prefer mahogany bodies tone-wise. Plus, as a "palm muter" the traditional placement of the Strat's volume knob right by the bridge pickup just drives me nuts.

3 Mile Stone said:
Man that neck looks nice. I love the look of the binding with the ebony. What shape and radius did you get?

I got the Wolfgang contour. I'm not sure the radius, and I hate to admit it, but I'm not really sure what the radius of a neck means.

This is what it says on Warmoth's site about the Wolfgang contour:

Wolfgang 1st Fret - .815" 12th Fret - .940"
Asymetric Back contour"

It's very comfortable, satin finish on the back for an "unfinished" feel. The neck is a little fatter which I think helps fatten the tone. I am not wild about "shredder" necks and it seems that lots of guitar makes have them.

Very cool. The radius is basically how flat the playing surface is. Warmoths are typically a compound radius. Rounder towards the nut and flatter for easier lead playing on the upper frets. Very nice guitar!

Very nice. The neck is the reason I can't put my Wolfie down, be interesting to compare the Warmoth with a Wolfgang.

Awesome! I also like the look of the bound ebony fretboard. Gotta love those Warmoth Neck Options...

Man I sure wish Warmoth would do set or neck thru stuff.