We're here - MotorCity Mods has arrived!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a hunch, but pleasantly surprised overall. Especially surprised by the most welcome addition of Sacred Groove. I've been hungering to try a BreakNeck/Afterlife. Guys, this really helps tie the scene together. Just when you thought it was on the decline... WHAMMY

MarcoR said:
Matt and Jonny, Congrats! I wish you much success!

I have a question; will you accept returns on module orders with a restocking fee within a specified time frame? It would be great for customers but possibly a hassle for you guys but would serve as a great way for buyers to actually try the modules. If they don?t like it, they could return and only lose out on the cost of shipping and the restocking fee. Perhaps it?s a service you guys have considered?

Hi Marco, great question and that is something we considered, but unfortunately we decided against that for a couple of reasons.
We do offer a warranty against defects on parts / labor that were involved in the modification (not on original parts to the module)
(That is listed in the terms and conditions)
But doing a return simply because someone doesn't like the tone - would most likely turn into a module "rental" type of situation.. And then as mentioned wouldn't be fair to buyers as they could possibly be receiving a module that's been shipped all over.
There are plenty of resources out there to help you make a decision on whether a particular item is a good match for you, and we are doing many videos on the products to show the capabilities, in addition to the modders sites which portray the same concepts.
I wish we could do this, but with the market being so niche, its just not feasible..

Thanks again for the question, and if we can help in anyway, please let us know.

Johnny Wadd
MotorCity Mods

Two Questions:

1. Are all modules (SG BUlly, Salvation Rhoadie, etc.) going to be available?

2. Is there anything else other than what SG and Salvation offer that is in the pipeline?

I think your endeavor is great. But as of now all modules are not available. The prices are the same as Salvation. You don't accept donor modules as Salvation does. The only difference could possibly be the wait time. But for customers that have donor modules, this doesn't make a lot of sense (for Salvation modules). Having SG modules available is cool, but I already have 2 of them and at most there is one more that I want. I was expecting this "game changing" thing to be a bit bigger than what it is.

Here's to the hope that your Motor City Mods helps revive MTS stuff. Thanks

scary groove said:
Two Questions:

2. Is there anything else other than what SG and Salvation offer that is in the pipeline?

I think your endeavor is great. But as of now all modules are not available. The prices are the same as Salvation. You don't accept donor modules as Salvation does. The only difference could possibly be the wait time. But for customers that have donor modules, this doesn't make a lot of sense (for Salvation modules). Having SG modules available is cool, but I already have 2 of them and at most there is one more that I want. I was expecting this "game changing" thing to be a bit bigger than what it is.

As stated, they do in fact have more stuff in the pipeline. I have a feeling that this is just the beginning, and a good one at that. As far as donors, I was thinking the same initially. But, if you think about it, most donors will get $150 on the used market (cleans closer to $100). So, if they're charging $400 with donor included, you grab that (minus the wait and additional shipping and risk to CZ), and sell a 'donor'. That's $250 in the end. Not bad at all, and less than you'd likely pay for a used salvo mod... Makes $ sense to me.

My question to them is what is in the pipeline. Not that there is as I have seen that. So far all the hype was just that. I am just hoping that there is more modules from both SG and Salvation to become available. I am waiting for that
question to be answered.

Now I am not sure where you get your numbers from, but almost all 20+ non clean "donors" I saw were sold under $150. The average was around $127. If you sell a module for $150, you are a lucky man. Salvation in fact credits you $180 for your module if you send it to them. So even if you sold it at $150, that's still $30. Your $250 in the end is $219 at Salvation. Now shipping from Salvation might cost a little more, but I doubt it would be $31 more.

Now I am not sure of the difference in wait times, but for those who have waited this long to buy a Salvation module, the wait time would be of minimal importance. SG modules on the other hand, I would grab them up now as you never know how long that will last.

scary groove said:
Two Questions:

Hi Scary,
To answer your questions:
1) No we will not carry every module - But from time to time there will be special offerings. Some are being worked on as I type this.

2) yes other products are in the pipeline. Some will be ready in a couple of weeks, others won't be ready for a few months. But there are new things coming.

Thanks for the questions!

Motor City Mods! Sacred Groove! Stateside Salvation Mods! This is really exciting news. You guys really slayed it - may you grow and prosper.

hmic10 said:
Will there be a diablo? Or salvation dreadpate?

HIYA...There will be a Dreadplate in the future I'm sure...Our initial stock is small but eventually we plan to carry all Salvation Mods...

In the meantime, no Diablo but I can tell you that the Criminal has some serious recto tone to it if you dial it in right...The mod itself is a hybrid of recto, 5150iii, and SLO...

We'll also be offering an original recto called Erecto from MotorCity Mods... :D

Great news! Can't wait for the gorilla mod to finally see the light of day, lol (disclaimer...this is an old joke - I have no knowledge of the awesomeness that would be a Gorilla mod.)

Latest posts