What effects multi-processors do you use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use a pro rack g in the serial loop, with a g major in the parallel loop.

i used to use the g force which is an awesome unit...but since it is in the parallel loop...i could get away with the g major. (more cash for other non essential gear) the g force is a little more hifi sounding to me than g major which seems warmer, but is way more flexable as far as programming. both are awesome units though and i would recommend either at any time.

i just use a touch of pitchsift for a little chorusing and delay. i hate reverb...absolutely hate reverb. it fattens up the sound real nice and gives me goosebumps everyime i play.

randall rules.

okstrat said:
I have a G-major and an Axe-FX.

AXE-FX...drool. :shock: killer piece but a little overkill in my application.

Pete rules.

i got to hang with Linkin Park and Pete Thorn (Chris Cornell) at Alpine Valley when the Revolution tour came my way. Linkin Park uses Randall pretty much exclusively and Pete Thorn uses an RT2/50 with an AXE FX as his effect processor. both tones we sick and it was very cool to be able to hang out with those guys and pick their brains. you get a real world look at how awesome MTS is...and makes that much happier i went the way i did. not to mention my amps just kill me...lookwise and tonewise.

RD/Steve said:
okstrat said:

Pete rules.

i got to hang with Linkin Park and Pete Thorn (Chris Cornell) at Alpine Valley when the Revolution tour came my way. Linkin Park uses Randall pretty much exclusively and Pete Thorn uses an RT2/50 with an AXE FX as his effect processor. both tones we sick and it was very cool to be able to hang out with those guys and pick their brains. you get a real world look at how awesome MTS is...and makes that much happier i went the way i did. not to mention my amps just kill me...lookwise and tonewise.

Thorn is a hell of a guitar player and a nice guy... he has an axe-fx patch I need to try for VH tones. :) Regarding overkill, is there really such a thing? :)

I'm still messing with putting the Randall stuff and the axe stuff together... tonight I'm going to just run the axe with a powered QSC at a gig, since it's a really small club and we're not even putting guitars through the PA. I figured the QSC would have a better spread than a guitar cab.

Been messing with running the RM4 in the loop of the Axe and then using the axe fx and cab emulations and stuff out to front of house and to my QSC for onstage monitoring - works pretty well so far. I love gear!

GSP1101 but I'm still trying to get it to play nice with my RM4.

G# in the parallel loop with kill dry ..... Pretty basic but costs not much more than a pedal.

You guys using G Major, please tell me:
1- Why is it so good? I heard a lot of good things, but never got a chance to play one yet.
2- Does it color the RM100 too much or for the better?

I'm really looking for a unit that'll help thicken up my tone, both high gain stuff and clean. I'm also working on getting the right delays for my lead tone, especially to do Holdsworth/fusion type stuff.

Thanks for any input.

I bought ned's xpression and loving it, especially for the $$$. I started running it in parallel, but ended up liking it more in series for two reasons: i can take advantage of Hush, and the direct signal mixing ability allows you to blend the effects nicely, and i didn't notice any coloration of the direct signal.

QUESTION FOR RD/STEVE: can you run both series and parallel at same time? If so, i thought about getting a bbe and separate Hush unit for series, then putting the xpression back in parallel.

RD/Steve said:
okstrat said:

Pete rules.

Linkin Park's guitarist has 2 rigs doesnt he? I saw a video of his touring rig and :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . I don't think i'll ever get rid of my randall (thumbs up).

My GSP1101 is running in the serial loop (4CM) for effects and clean tones. RM100 then for all dirty tones. The GSP1101 works great with the RM amps and there is nearly zero tone loss. Also the Control One is a great match, but over priced.

Ed Degenaro off Rig-Talk had an Eclipse I believe, got rid of it when he got his Axe-FX.

I use only 1 major effects processor, and that's for my Marshall power amp through Marshall cab setup, and it's a Rocktron Prophesy II.