• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What is a fair price to sell my RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarprof

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to move my RM100 (with newer 6l6) and a HEAVY duty flight case. The 100 is unloaded (no modules).

Can you message me with any suggestions as to a fair price. Shipping is going to me a bit. I bet in the flight case it weighs 70 lbs.

Phil
(ph @ southwestguitar.com)

the toughest part you will find is that nobody wants to pay for the flight case as very few people use them.
That and figure at least $1/lb for shipping, and you have a $130 shipping fee for the head and case.

I am basically figuring that the flight case will be free. That way I can ship in it rather then struggling to find a box.

Good idea. I shipped a Mark IV combo that way. It cost a little over $100 to ship. I still got positive feedback that said "efficient shipping."

I'd say that's fair, but you'll have a hard time getting it. Seems like these days, you have to price an RM100 at $350 or so to move it. They're a bit undervalued IMO, plus the market is terrible. I tried to sell my RM100 earlier this year and decided to just keep it. There are modded modules that go for more money than I've seen most RM100s fetch these days. Anyway, best of luck; I hope you get what you're asking for.

I think they are underated too. Very usable. It is crazy that a module
could sell more than a 100 watt amp. hahaha I think its because most
here already have one or want something more compact. 450 with a
case is one amazing price. Hope you get that for it!

^^^^^^Yep i also would be interested in the flight case^^^^

If this helps you out i just bought a RM100C that has the face like a Kirk Hammet model ..I paid $500 local for it including a Plexi and Twin module..It also had brand new JJ KT88's in it and came with the original tubes as well..Also both modules had upgraded 12ax7's...It is in 100% mint condition with very little use..

I personally believe this was a pretty good deal ..I have seen the RM100's sell for much higher on e bay but then you have to screw with there stupid rules and regulations as well as paying almost 11% in fee's plus another 3% for paypal fees...

Hi,

I got $350 shipped for mine, and it was stupidly expensive to ship, like $100. It's dirt cheap because it weighs a !@#$ton and has the wrong brand name, so the only real market for it is here at the BB. You might do better on ebay, just remember the commission fee.

good luck!