What kind of guitars do you guys use?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, It's my first time on this forum, and I thought I might use my first post to show off my axe.

l_01373f330136a309e2b9f1d880c6af4d.jpg

There's my ESP SV Standard, It sounds killer through a Randall RH150, and I'm buying an RH300G3 in a bit. Then after I acquire the funds, the EMG 81s are coming out and being replaced with Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts.

6 strats all with passive pickups, almost all H-S-S
an ovation electric 12 string
2 acoustic 6 strings
2 acoutic 12 strings
1 tele with H-S-S and a floyd
An Ibanez Destroyer (1976)
I am really blessed...I have amassed alot of good intruments. But I realize there just isnt enough hours in the day...so I will sell some. Anyone in NY/NJ/Conn can hit me up and I'll send pics and prices.

Schecter Jeff Loomis 7 string [1st year w/Floyd]
Probably buy a Schecter C7 ATX Blackjack since I cancelled my order for the Carvin DC727 because they charged my card 4 times what I authorized then acted like it was no big deal. F Carvin in the future.
Carvin DC127 Swamp Ash w/Duncan 59' neck - DiMarzio D-Sonic bridge
1982 Ibanez RR400 Rocket Roll II
Walden DC550 Acoustic-Electric

Believe it or not, my main axe is a Jay Turser mosrite clone. Wow, the thing just rules. I can't believe it cost me less than $500. Well, I changed the stock parts, of course: graph tech nut, new pu's, new wiring, new pots and all that stuff, and I routed out the "tremolo" cavity and bolted the "tailpiece" into the body. Now that is ugly. I will try to post pics.... but it plays like a dream :D .

bduersch said:
I've got 16 different PRS's, most of which are shown here...
prs_collection_8-1-06.jpg

- (4) Custom 24's (varying pickups: HFS/VB, Artists, Dragon I's)
- Custom 22 Semi-hollow
- Custom 22 Soapbar
- Custom 22-12 string
- CE24 (alder)
- Standard 24
- Swamp Ash Special
- EG-1
- (3) McCarty's (Rosewood, Standard, & Soapbar)
- Singlecut
- Hollowbody II w/ piezo
...plus a EBMM JP 7-string and a custom guitar from Voodoo Guitar Works ( http://www.voodooguitarworks.com ). So obviously I'm a big fan of humbuckers, but do use a lot a split-coil combinations for clean tones.

That said, I really like the sound of soapbar pickups through the MTS modules, because soapbars have a very fat & organic feel to them. The notes are huge on the cleaner modules, yet provide enough output to overdrive the medium gain modules. I haven't had as good of an experience using the P90's with high gain settings on the high-gain modules... they're definitely more prone to noise.

--B

u are RICH!!! :shock:

This is what I use now and am quite content for the moment:

07 Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop
07 Gibson Faded Standard Les Paul Honeyburst
07 Gibson Explorer - white w/gold HW

2007 was a Gibson Year!!!!

06 Fender Deluxe Power Strat - Butterscotch
?? Washburn Stevie Salas neck Thru
06 Rogue Acoustic
07 Warwick $$ 5 String

I've got a Jackson RR1 with stock specs except for a pair of Dimarzio D Activator pickups.

An ESP LTD FX-400 completely stock.

A Jackson JS-30 stock, but with the old pups from my RR: Duncan JB and Jazz.

[/img]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=247424342&albumID=695734&imageID=5273349[/img]

I dont have any pics at photobucket..but at MYspace I have some pics.
This one in URL is what I use at most gigs. A H-S-S Strat I call Nikita.

Schecter Hellraiser Avenger, LTD Ax 350 with EMG KFK's, LTD F 250 with EMG Zakk Wylde's, B.C. Rich Deluxe Jr V, Dean Razorback bass.

102_2478.jpg

The Dean and the F250 can be seen on my myspace