What Mod Am I looking For ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electric I

Reaction score
Have an RM20 & for the last few years been using it as a platform for pedals with the Blackface mod.

Lately I've been trying to get od/dist from the amp with SL+ & XTC mods. And while I do dig 'em, neither one are 'it' for me. They both seem to get a little 'splatty' at higher gain levels, but the higher levels are needed to get the sustain needed for single note lines.

Is there a mod out there that plays well with poly/extended chords under gain (backed off on amp and/or guitar, if needed) & also lends weight to riffs/solos ?

I realize this may be unrealistic, but a guy can dream, right ?

Salvation Angel, Custom 3 could handle that. maybe a Jaded Faith Krankenstien or one of my personal favortes, the JF Pitbull/VHT. super tight and articulate, but also sings and sounds massive with the right settings.

You could always boost it with an OD pedal. Just to tighten things up and get a little pre shaping before you hit the preamp.

Great suggestions. Soon as I get home I'll check out whatever samples I can find.

I do wonder if a boost or od pedal might be the answer. Time to dig through what I have in storage.

Thank you all for your insight.