What's next for the MTS line?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimosity

Reaction score
Is there any new stuff in the works for the MTS line in general?
Hopefully, there's more planned than just signature modules.

Here's some of my suggestions...

∙Dual channel MTS is the next logical step...

∙I'd LOVE to see a SOLID STATE clean module.
(Yes, I know the tube thing is awesome, but the best cleans are solid state)
(If only I could get the clean channel of my Boss GL-100 in a module...)

∙Chrome faceplates need to go.. they ALWAYS look dirty and fingerprinted up!

∙Some new modules (that are NOT signature modules) would be nice...

∙Put a slot for rackmount gear in the headbox...(look at the Brunetti XL R-EVO...)

∙A single rack space, 2 module rack unit (RM2?) would be cool...then again, I'm sure some of us would buy an RM8 or RM16...

∙...and the coolest thing I think would be RACKMOUNTABLE HEADS!
If you wanna call this baby modular, make it fully modular!
I know of more than one person that hasn't really dug the MTS stuff after trying out the RM4 because they were teaming it up with a junk power amp...which can make or break the tone...

I'd love dual channel modules for sure. A solid state clean would be pretty nice as well! I like my Blackface for cleans but I've gone back to using an ADA MP1 for the solid state clean. A rackmount head would be pretty sweet too :)

A 3 channel 50 watter .that weighs under 40 pds not the 70 pound monsters .

custom tolex .Lynch, Palimino.Black Alli :D .. grey , black snake

a Jazz chorus mod that has a control that lets you dial in a chorus effect for cleans.

a "Cujo" . VHT based mod .

gtr31 said:
custom tolex .Lynch, Palimino.Black Alli :D .. grey , black snake
quote]

We do custom orders already, all you have to do is ask your local Randall dealer and they will get in touch w/ me about cost. We do have some new options that we just tried this week that are just awesome. I think we'll have something for everyone at NAMM '08...and even some gear you guys don't know about yet.

I'll see you (hopefully, as long as my vacation time/funds line up) at NAMM Rich. 8) I'm looking forward to seeing some of these new MTS ideas you guys are working on! I think a lot of the items Jim mentioned were awesome too... :D

P.S. Jim, my buddy has a Brunetti XL R-EVO II head and I agree, having that single rack space built into the head cabinet is AWESOME! :)

How about an MTS floor preamp with modular effects as well...
Hmm. MTS pedals...might work if thought out right....

Out of all my ideas; I would LOVE the most if I could get my Boss GL-100 clean channel retrofitted into a module...somebody please figure out a way to rip the guts out and make it fit on a module for me!!

I would like:

1.) 100/50 Watt power switch.

2.) Level adjustment knobs on the effects loops.

3.) Transformers from Murcury Magnetics.

If my demands are not met within 24 hours I will be forced to replace the poorly glued tortex on my RM100 with hot pink shag carpet and make outrageous public claims that it came stock from the factory that way.

Soulinsane said:
be forced to replace the poorly glued tolex on my RM100 with hot pink shag carpet and make outrageous public claims that it came stock from the factory that way.

LMFAO!
I am laughing so hard right now, just imagning it is killing me!
Wait until the paparazzi learn of this!

Your Hot pink amp Sighting paparazzi Photo!
264912copy4copy.jpg

AXERAVEN said:
QUOTE: be forced to replace the poorly glued tolex on my RM100 with hot pink shag carpet and make outrageous public claims that it came stock from the factory that way.

LMFAO!

264912copy4copy.jpg
OMG that is hilarious!!!

What about a set of effects that is made for RM so that there is a whole package deal that we the customer can buy

maybe an acoustic simulator module? also, you could have a warhead module, with a switch to go between the first one and the X2. Also, one that simulates the old RG 100 ES would be awesome. That amp is killer!

jmgman70 said:
AXERAVEN said:
QUOTE: be forced to replace the poorly glued tolex on my RM100 with hot pink shag carpet and make outrageous public claims that it came stock from the factory that way.

LMFAO!

264912copy4copy.jpg
OMG that is hilarious!!!

AHHH! My eyes!!! My Eyes!!!...**** thats bright

it would be great to have the effects loop "switchable",from "line level" to "instrument level",with the flip of a switch...pedals would work properly,when used in the loop......just a thought! :)

1) A Jazz Chorus clean channel (like a JC120)
...you an leave out the chorus, for all I care, I have a pedal.
2) A RG100 (early "DimeBag") module
..it's a great sound..that cant be gotten these days.

I'd like to see a power amp with a tube rectifier or two thrown in the mix, and the ability to control that sag via MIDI would be really nice.

And what about an all analog rack effects unit that is digitally controlled and has MIDI capabilties?

I'd like to see a one rack slot SS power amp with adjustable modeled tube sag for use with the RM4. Lower power consumption than tubes, no tube hassle, perfect for studio use.