What's the modern module based on?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awake77

Reaction score
I see the modern module is going for pretty cheap used - what's this module based on? How's it compare to the newer high gain stull like the Ultra's, KH's, etc?

I've heard it's like a topboost with more gain...never heard a topboost, but I did hear some Tiny Terror type tones coming out of my modern...many like it as a lead module, I guess a bass cap switch would yield more diversity ion the applications

Cool module, I gave it up and regret it, maybe I'll snag another one :?

crankyrayhanky said:
I've heard it's like a topboost with more gain...never heard a topboost, but I did hear some Tiny Terror type tones coming out of my modern...many like it as a lead module, I guess a bass cap switch would yield more diversity ion the applications

Cool module, I gave it up and regret it, maybe I'll snag another one :?

http://www.jaredcoberly.com/egnater/mts.htm
I saw this about a year ago. I was surprised by the Modern being a Vox'ish module.

I don't think I'll ever part with my Modern. It's extremely flexible from low-high gain, but absolutely begs for a 1000pf or 1500pf at C3.

22 cap works good.to me this module is very rectoish but a little more polished

I love the Modern for lead...it sings at really low volumes and it's got this low mid thing going on that sets it apart from the Ultra Lead...dunno how well it'd perform live.

The Modern sounds like I wanted the XTC to sound...I'm not saying it sounds like an XTC but it's what I wanted the XTC to be :D

to me the xtc , recto , and modern are all very similar with the modern being most scooped then the xtc , and finnally the recto mids wise any way and thats about the only differences i hear, the recto has some fizz too. and the mids are barky

i had my modern worked on by pete (warmth/clarity & bass cap sel switch). comparing it to a STOCK/UNBOOSTED kh3 and 1086.... these two module have a tough time competing all round. I'm not saying the kh3 and 1086 suck. i'm saying petes work on my modern kicks ***. he currently has my kh3, so i'm kinda expecting great things when it comes back and dont expect to be able to make the claim my modern is better than a kh3 when i do recieve it...
all in all the modern is a pretty solid module at least for my ears

I have a modern that I'm trying to get rid of if anyne's interested. Only a couple hours of play on it. It's pretty much as described here. Similar to the XTC but it seems larger and maybe smoother. I think it would be great for leads but I don't really do any in my band.

I really need to free up cash for some home studio purchases! PM me if you're interested. I'd do $120 delivered to the US.

Jake