why do you hate nickelback

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a BIG fan, but I don't hate them.
And "Gay" is not a very descriptive term for the sound of a band.
Gay music?
Right Said Fred
Pet Shop Boys
N Sync
Backstreet Boys
Adam Ant
Men Without Hats
Flock Of Seagulls
Hanson
Vanilla Ice

Surely Nickelback deserves a better handle than this, eh?

whats to like... shitty songs, lack luster guitar tone and playing, sure good drumming but thats it.
I'm not sure if they deserved rocks getting tossed at them but booing off the stage now thats quite appropriate.
AND WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH CHAD'S HAIR... POODLE.

Someone must like them, they sell millions of CD's and tour the world with sold out shows every night. I like the band, I just can't stand hearing them on the radio every half hour.

They play them all the time because they're selling albums. Radio is advertising for labels and the artists that their management think will make them lots of money. That's all. It's marketing.

We can complain all we want, but how many of us would like to have one major commercial hit let alone an album?

Personally I find their music pretty generic and formulaic which is why it sells. The production is fantastically overcompressed making it perfect to go straight to radio -- see loudness wars.

It's basically if you want a Nickelback album, just get the "greatest hits", and you'll have all the Nickelback you could ever want and not miss anything of significance that is only on the individual albums. I'm pretty neutral to the band. I probably run in horror if they came on, but I certainly am not going to seek them out either. But chances are I'm playing an Ensiferum CD in the car.

Do we? :wink:

No, not a NB fan here, but: I could probably some up with at least a handful of older pre-2000 tunes that was kind of, sort of decent. The fact that they suck now is not really due to the band itself, it's more the fact that they are part of the media machine now. Most mainstream acts suck these days, because they have been molded into safe, empty pap, devoid of any personality or uniqueness that they may/may not have had at one time.

That's how the industry "works" today. Art by suits, committee, Protools grids and focus groups will always result in crap.

I think... people hate the Idea of Nickleback and what they represent from a musicians point of view. People who say they suck i don't think are correct, they are quite good musicians and can write songs that are wanted by radio. I don't like them much either but their copycats are even worse - Theory of a Deadman, Default, and so on

Theory of a nicklecreed just aint my style

no, I actually think they suck.

I dont think the songs are any good.

I dont think the guitar work is any good.

I think the best musician in the band is the bass player...

So, I think... .

they suck.

not a band I would buy the cd, but one of those bands where when you're out in the public and the radio is on playing total soft rock garbage, I actually get happy when I hear the latest top40 Nickelhit because the guitars are crunchy and the production is awesome. As a recording enthusiast, it is inspirational...put this in the category of Lincoln Park & Creed

Bottom line: Solid elevator/office music

I agree, they are definately the Top 40's golden child for "rock music"

they get the best producers, and engineers and what not..

so it sells LOTS of albums and makes LOTS of money for a lot of people.

I just cant stand it. I dont know why.. they are the hair metal of the day and I love Hairmetal...

I just dont think I can take them seriously when they should be wearing neon green and pink spandex, having teased hair, and huge pyro and singing about getting laid, and partying....playing neon yellow ibanez guitars, green BCriches, or Charvels, and playing through Zebra striped Randal Warheads...

and instead, we get songs like photograph, are we having fun yet, and whatever that song was that had him beating his wife or whatever...

Just makes me hate them... cuz, they are posers and posers suck..
if you are gonna be hair metal, be hair metal

like this band..
http://www.facebook.com/Hairosol

Yeah,

I heard Nickelback 1000s of times without knowing it. Several things are maddening about this band.

1) the production is overdone, doesn't sound like people playing. Singer does not sound natural either.
2) the lyrics are banal, interesting to someone 13 y/o or less, which is ok for them, but painful for adults
3) rhythmically bland, same thing over and over, song after song.
4) They have not been convicted of stealing all the pop songs that came before them

The real question is how did those 4 fooze get picked for this? Most of the people in the street, and certainly most of the people we know are capable of producing the same brand of commercial pap.

Have fun!

I actually find Chads vocal capabilities very impressive, and wish I had even half the power he does. But the lyrics and songwriting are atrocious, and pathetic. Personally I think the band is a complete waste of his vocal potential. He is much better suited for either a REAL rock band, or something moderately heavier than that. Plus how many songs about girl problems can you write, seriously?

Decerto said:
Plus how many songs about girl problems can you write, seriously?

One would think after so many girl probs one would look in the mirror at the cause.

Seriously. I don't hate them. I just don't listen to them.

I guess I haven't heard enough of him to be impressed by his vocal capabilities. Compared to rock singers that I like to listen to, like Corey Glover, Jorn Lande, Jeff Scott Soto, David Coverdale, Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen, Bruce Dickinson, Mikael Akerfeldt, Danny Cecati from Eyefear, Skin from Skunk Anansie, Warrel Dane, Marco Hietala, I just don't see a lot to be impressed by.

Apart from the insipid lyrics he writes over the limited structures in his repertoire, he has always seemed like the geeky kid in school who grew his hair and thinks he's a badass now that he's in a band. The couple of interviews I've seen with him, he seems preoccupied with talking up how hard the band parties and how crazy they get in their downtime.

Exactly, he's being ruined by being in a pathetic band, basically. I'm just saying he has potential that can't be seen because of said band. :D

Latest posts