• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB ADA MP1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairyloft

Reaction score
Anyone have an Ada Mp1 for sale at a reasonable cost if they do please pm me, sold one about a year ago and missed its 80s metal sound ever since. Thanks Jason

I've seen a module by JF based on the Ada... I've been waiting for that to pop up here again for a while, I'm sure if you ask rob nicely he could do another one up for you!

That module is the 80.A IIRC. And there's a MP-1 in the classifieds on JCF Forum.

I owned the 80.A for about six months, I only sold it when I bought another MP1.....sounded pretty **** close.

FWIW, I left the ADA mp-1 world for the MTS world. I owned/built multiple Mp-1s with 3 tube mods, upgraded transformers, noise-reducing parts and everything you can think of. The tone was cool, but I could never get rid of the noise and the controls really really sucked (digital keypad). Plus they just aren't reliable anymore and parts are expensive.

I would really really suggest staying in the MTS world and get the JF 80.A module. All the tone is on an Mp-1 is just a tight, bright JCM800/hot rodded JCM800. The stock Egnater SL2x, JF Quickmod or JF 80.A would be much better than anything the ADA world has to offer.

I still have a soft spot for ADA. I had a 3TM for a while and still have an MP-1 classic.

But dealing with digital press buttons instead of knobs was a bore. Plus it needed another preamp to cover the sonic ground I wanted. In the end, I had in my rack the MP1 plus the classic, and decided to swap the MP1 for a second RM4. 8 modules in rack. Thought to beat in terms of flexibility.

Thought about the mts mod but really looking at an original MP1, I saw loads for sale when I didn't need one and can't find any since I actually wanted to buy. Happy with original or modded (depending on mod). Anyone thinking of selling?

For the ADA MP-1 owners out there, I developed a MIDI interface for our MIDIWizard product some years ago. It runs under any version of Windows after Windows 2000 and has features for storing and restoring presets. It also allows you to change settings on-line without you having to use the MP-1's funky panel controls.

However, you MUST have version 2.00 (or later) EPROMs installed in your MP-1. PM me with your email address if you're interested in more info or if you want a free copy of the program.

Hi walshinator666 Pm sent sounds great, been really hard to find. Please PM me a price you would like with shipping to the UK and I'll get right back to you. Thanks Jason

mikegyver said:
FWIW, I left the ADA mp-1 world for the MTS world. I owned/built multiple Mp-1s with 3 tube mods, upgraded transformers, noise-reducing parts and everything you can think of. The tone was cool, but I could never get rid of the noise and the controls really really sucked (digital keypad). Plus they just aren't reliable anymore and parts are expensive.

I would really really suggest staying in the MTS world and get the JF 80.A module. All the tone is on an Mp-1 is just a tight, bright JCM800/hot rodded JCM800. The stock Egnater SL2x, JF Quickmod or JF 80.A would be much better than anything the ADA world has to offer.

You and I are a lot alike, in this regard. I tend to agree with just about everything in this post. 8)

Hairyloft said:
Time to rethink on the Mod front I think! The noise was an issue too maybe look into the JF mods

Typically, the noise coming from most MP-1's, is caused by worn caps... they're 25 years old & in need of replacement. I've done the "noise mod" on all 5 of my previous MP-1's... night & day difference in noise. These units certainly didn't ship with serious noise when they were new. To be fair, most of our modules will probably be noisy in a couple decades too. :lol:

With that said, I still prefer the 80.A module over the MP-1. 8)