XTC and EG5?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbaxe

Reaction score
Anyone here have a Egnater EG5 and Randall XTC? I just recieved an XTC the other day and i think its really close to my EG5. I will do a side by side when i can crank them both up .

jlbaxe said:
Anyone here have a Egnater EG5 and Randall XTC? I just recieved an XTC the other day and i think its really close to my EG5. I will do a side by side when i can crank them both up .
Is it a stock XTC?

jmgman70 said:
jlbaxe said:
Is it a stock XTC?

Yes it is stock.

WOW,I guess it's just been a long time since I had an XTC around :wink: Hey I've got an SL2 Eggie module on it's way back from Dave Friedman with the Hairy Brown Eye mod and a boosted gain on channel A :shock: I'm dyin here!!

jmgman70 said:
WOW,I guess it's just been a long time since I had an XTC around :wink: Hey I've got an SL2 Eggie module on it's way back from Dave Friedman with the Hairy Brown Eye mod and a boosted gain on channel A :shock: I'm dyin here!!

Wow on an egnater module! see id buy used Eggie Mods just to have them modded now. Id rather throw my money at dual eggies than single randals. OOOOPs were on the randall forum. Oh well. hey PM me with the details on it,and cost if you dont mind.

I have had both and they never sounded similar to me at all. The EG5 was thinner and more gain than I could ever need and the XTC was thick and sings like nothing else MTS I have played. I have played 4 XTC's from stock to Pete modded and both single and dual EG5's. Could just be me though? :shock:

I had them both as well and to me the EG5 sounded like a Heavier version of a 1086 but it had so much gain that it was squealing feedback all the time. It was hard to dial in but I kept it over my stock 1086. Then I got a 1086 that was Modded out by Pete and it just crushed the EG5. So off it went. I also just had a modded XTC and it just wasnt for me.
Not saying it sounded bad, but a little to thick sounding for what I play.
I currently have another 1086 at Petes place he is doing another mod for me. Talk about a TONE MONSTER!! Cant wait to get it back!! 8)