Voodoo Jose mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
Has anyone played the Voodoo Amps Jose module?
If so, thoughts?
Also, has anyone compared this to a Salvation Mashall Jose mode?
I'm going to give Voodoo a shot with a high gain and a clean module.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers,
Jace

I had one for awhile. I thought if it had some more low end thunder it would have been a perfect module. Jose is an 80s tone though, so the tone was right. I didn't order that direct from Trace, so maybe I'll hit him up directly next time. The clarity and articulation was fantastic; it was the best mod for sweep argeggios, it had a cool shimmer going on

Some of Ray's comments on the Jose convinced me to get one. The ones we had are an older design that Trace has improved on. I am about to send my old one in for an upgrade - though I have not heard it yet.

I have talked and e-mailed with Trace about tone at great length. He knows his stuff and and he tells me he has corrected the bass problem. He recently did a Marshall JMP for me that sounds great.

Call him and talk to him about it.

aeroic has one for sale still right? Killer price too if memory serves...

Did you ever get the module, bro. How about a follow up. How do you like it? :?

Daryl said:

Just bought it from him over the weekend. It should be here before this coming weekend. I will let ya know what I think. I have a bunch of stuff coming by this weekend. Sold a few "extra" guitars and stocking up on mods, sending a few away to Salvation and Gigmods too. Boy, the coming months are going to be fun, fun, fun. :D

crankyrayhanky said:
I had one for awhile. I thought if it had some more low end thunder it would have been a perfect module. Jose is an 80s tone though, so the tone was right. I didn't order that direct from Trace, so maybe I'll hit him up directly next time. The clarity and articulation was fantastic; it was the best mod for sweep argeggios, it had a cool shimmer going on

Problem solved! We did add more bottom end and have made a few updates since then to try and get the modules closer to what the regular amps sound like :)

Regarding HG-Jose Mod - Jose performed several Mods over the years and we've worked on numerous Jose Modded amps (documented each one). The HG-Jose Mod we offer does is not from a free schematic on the net but rather is derived from an actual amp we worked on for a well known artist.

Generally speaking; We also install two (2) internal Gain trim pots so that you have a total of three (3) gain controls. We mark what we feel will best meet each players individual needs so that the pots can be adjusted if need be. It allows players to dial in more/less gain and also alter how tight or loose the module feels over all. I came up with this concept in order to provide greater versatility and flexibility. We now install these on nearly every module we Mod.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask or email me directly at [email protected]

Many thanks & all the best!
Trace

Well I have an SL+ and a Clean module on the way to Voodoo Amps to get the HG-Jose Deluxe mod and the Twin Deluxe mod. I'll report back in late October when I get them back.
Jace

Daryl said:

Just got the mod. I'll try it out this weekend and give you my thoughts.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the Jose. Let us know if it has the gain trimpots that Trace was mentioning in an earlier post and if they make a difference in tone and feel. They sound pretty cool and I can hardly wait to see what you think about how they affect the module's versatility. Sounds like loads of fun, bro. :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Voodoo Amps said:
crankyrayhanky said:

Problem solved! We did add more bottom end and have made a few updates since then to try and get the modules closer to what the regular amps sound like :)

Regarding HG-Jose Mod - Jose performed several Mods over the years and we've worked on numerous Jose Modded amps (documented each one). The HG-Jose Mod we offer does is not from a free schematic on the net but rather is derived from an actual amp we worked on for a well known artist.

Generally speaking; We also install two (2) internal Gain trim pots so that you have a total of three (3) gain controls. We mark what we feel will best meet each players individual needs so that the pots can be adjusted if need be. It allows players to dial in more/less gain and also alter how tight or loose the module feels over all. I came up with this concept in order to provide greater versatility and flexibility. We now install these on nearly every module we Mod.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask or email me directly at [email protected]

Many thanks & all the best!
Trace
A direct reply- and the info sounds fantastic! I'll have to gather my funds to check out the new mods....

audiomidijace said:
drewiv said:
Daryl said:

Just got the mod. I'll try it out this weekend and give you my thoughts.

Dude, 10 days and no comment? Weak.

Yeah, sorry. :oops: I've rec'd so many new mods recently it's been tough to find playing time for all of them.

Anyway, it's good. I won't say it's one of my favorites. It's very fuzzy and warm. It certainly won't be used for the majority of my playing. It's very different from anything that I have. I'm not into that super fuzzy sounding distortion, but I'm going to give it some time for me to warm up to it.

One of the things Trace stresses with his mods (and this is probably true with any new electronics) is that it takes time for the parts to burn/break in. I think he says 20 to 40 hours of playing time.

I have noticed that the tone from several of my mods has changed for the better over time. It is gradual and subtle but generally the tones just seem to smooth out and get a little deeper/more complex. The upgraded MM OT also took a little time to really settle in.

Latest posts