Voodoo Jose mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drewiv said:
audiomidijace said:
drewiv said:
Daryl said:
Did you ever get the module, bro. How about a follow up. How do you like it? :?

Just got the mod. I'll try it out this weekend and give you my thoughts.

Dude, 10 days and no comment? Weak.

Yeah, sorry. :oops: I've rec'd so many new mods recently it's been tough to find playing time for all of them.

Anyway, it's good. I won't say it's one of my favorites. It's very fuzzy and warm. It certainly won't be used for the majority of my playing. It's very different from anything that I have. I'm not into that super fuzzy sounding distortion, but I'm going to give it some time for me to warm up to it.

If it's too fuzzy for you it sounds like the LG-Jose Mod would be more ideal for you. It has less gain saturated gain than the HG-Jose Mod and a little more gain than the 70's Marshall JMP Master Volume amps. It's more touch sensitive and cleans up great on the guitars volume knob. We want hapy customers so please feel free to send it back and I'll take care of it for you :)

If you have any questions what so ever please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] or give me a call any time at 607-256-0465.

All the best;
Trace

KillTone said:
One of the things Trace stresses with his mods (and this is probably true with any new electronics) is that it takes time for the parts to burn/break in. I think he says 20 to 40 hours of playing time.

I have noticed that the tone from several of my mods has changed for the better over time. It is gradual and subtle but generally the tones just seem to smooth out and get a little deeper/more complex. The upgraded MM OT also took a little time to really settle in.

You are correct, there is a break in period with all electronics. IE: speakers, pickups, stereos, cables, etc. As it pertains to guitar amps; capacitors and resistors take approximately 40-50 hours to break in and transformers take up to 100 hours. Over all the tone gets smoother, warmer, richer, deeper and it feels easier to play on. If you study metallurgy in depth and see how much stress metals go through until they are in their final form, etc. it makes perfect sense.

Hope it helps! :)
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
drewiv said:
audiomidijace said:
drewiv said:
Daryl said:
Did you ever get the module, bro. How about a follow up. How do you like it? :?

Just got the mod. I'll try it out this weekend and give you my thoughts.

Dude, 10 days and no comment? Weak.

Yeah, sorry. :oops: I've rec'd so many new mods recently it's been tough to find playing time for all of them.

Anyway, it's good. I won't say it's one of my favorites. It's very fuzzy and warm. It certainly won't be used for the majority of my playing. It's very different from anything that I have. I'm not into that super fuzzy sounding distortion, but I'm going to give it some time for me to warm up to it.

If it's too fuzzy for you it sounds like the LG-Jose Mod would be more ideal for you. It has less gain saturated gain than the HG-Jose Mod and a little more gain than the 70's Marshall JMP Master Volume amps. It's more touch sensitive and cleans up great on the guitars volume knob. We want hapy customers so please feel free to send it back and I'll take care of it for you :)

If you have any questions what so ever please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected] or give me a call any time at 607-256-0465.

All the best;
Trace

I want to play around with it first. I love the fact it's different. Maybe I just haven't bonded with it yet. I bought a PRS Custom 22, hated it for the first 2 months. Now, I love it. Give me some time to play around with knobs, power amps, guitars, songs, other effect settings, etc. Although, I really do appreciate your pro-active approach.

Cheers!
Drew

drewiv said:
I want to play around with it first. I love the fact it's different. Maybe I just haven't bonded with it yet. I bought a PRS Custom 22, hated it for the first 2 months. Now, I love it. Give me some time to play around with knobs, power amps, guitars, songs, other effect settings, etc. Although, I really do appreciate your pro-active approach.

Cheers!
Drew

No problem at all and if you want it changed around I am more than happy to do it so. As a customer your happiness is very important to me and we can make any changes you like.

I would like everyone to know that if you have anything Modified by us or purchase it used and need it tweaked more to your personal tastes please do not hesitate to contact me - it's an open invitation. Customer satisfaction is paramount and if it is within my power I will make it happen.

Have a great Tuesday morning! :)
Trace

Small Tweaks & Custom Mods - I would also like to note that if any one has a module they are 90% happy with but want to make some small changes so it's perfect, please feel free to call or email. Small changes do not cost much and are very affordable. We also offer Custom Mods and to us this means a total redesign (IE: we strip off 90% of the components and build a brand new circuit) however if we only need to make a few changes to get you to where you want to be (not a total rebuild) then that can be done for much less $$ As always questions are more than welcome so please feel free to ask away! 

New Mod - We have an all tube high gain design I came up with that is not listed on our site so this is the first place I?ve mentioned it. It?s great for hard rock/melodic rock to metal tones, very articulate/organic in nature and with the two (2) internal Gain trim pots it?s very versatile. This would apply to any 4 gain stage/high gain module such as but not limited to; 1086, Mr Scary, Grail, SL+, Super V, Tread Plate, Recto, Ultra, Ultra XL, etc.

This is not on our site yet and this is the first place on the net I?ve mentioned this (after all this is the modular forum?lol). Seriously though we are still trying to come up with a name for it so if anyone is interested please let me know. I?m happy to give a discount to the first 5 customers and in turn I could use some help naming the Mod as well (you would think it would be easy to name a Mod?lol) but I do think it would be cooler to have one of you help with naming the Mod. Any and all feedback on this idea is welcome with open arms.

Hope you all have a great day!
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
New Mod - We have an all tube high gain design I came up with that is not listed on our site so this is the first place I?ve mentioned it. It?s great for hard rock/melodic rock to metal tones, very articulate/organic in nature and with the two (2) internal Gain trim pots it?s very versatile. This would apply to any 4 gain stage/high gain module such as but not limited to; 1086, Mr Scary, Grail, SL+, Super V, Tread Plate, Recto, Ultra, Ultra XL, etc.

Trace

I'd be interested in trying something like this out. PM'ed.

I just can't say enough nice things about Voodoo Trace! A really nice guy who really cares that you get what you're after! He asks about every piece in your signal chain, bias settings, etc. He really tries to get a feel for the kind of player you are and what you like. My mods are shipping out today, but as I'm on the other coast I probably won't see them until next week sometime. I'll comment after I've played them.
THANKS TRACE!
Jace

audiomidijace said:
I just can't say enough nice things about Voodoo Trace! A really nice guy who really cares that you get what you're after! He asks about every piece in your signal chain, bias settings, etc. He really tries to get a feel for the kind of player you are and what you like. My mods are shipping out today, but as I'm on the other coast I probably won't see them until next week sometime. I'll comment after I've played them.
THANKS TRACE!
Jace

Many thanks for the kind words Jace (truly), to be honest that is how I like to do business. I prefer to talk with players on the phone as I get a better sense of what they are looking for than I do through email. I hope that makes sense? (hard to put into words--lol).

I really hope you like the modules! Based on our telephone conversation I am making some tweaks to the HG-Jose module for you.

Thanks again! :)
Trace

I received my Voodoo Amps mods today! I only had a few moments with them on my lunch hour. The HG-Jose is very articulate and clean with plenty of gain. It sounded much better than the Jose mode of my Salvation Mashall. Much tighter and heavier tone.
The TWIN mod sounded good too. Easily as good as my JF-Blackface/Tweed mod. I'll expand on my thoughts when I have had more time to play with them.
Thanks Trace!
Jace

audiomidijace said:
I received my Voodoo Amps mods today! I only had a few moments with them on my lunch hour. The HG-Jose is very articulate and clean with plenty of gain. It sounded much better than the Jose mode of my Salvation Mashall. Much tighter and heavier tone.
The TWIN mod sounded good too. Easily as good as my JF-Blackface/Tweed mod. I'll expand on my thoughts when I have had more time to play with them.
Thanks Trace!
Jace

You are most welcome Jace and it was my pleasure to work with you!!

Break In Period - In this case 90% of the module has been rebuilt. On average it takes 40-50 hours for the caps and resistors to break in. The tone will get deeper/richer and will smoother to play on. Over all the tone becomes more three dimensional.

Have a great Thursday morning!! :)
Trace

A note to everyone - Customer Feedback is paramount. It better helps us to understand your needs as a player. As players we are all different and we all have different gear so naturally results vary.

Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. We are here because of our customers - without you, we would not exist.

If you have a Modded module or purchased a used module that we have Modded; If you would like it re-tweaked so that it is more to your liking or better suits your playing style, please do not hesitate to call me! I am more than happy to do what ever it takes to make you happy and that includes Custom Modding a module to meet your needs. When it comes to re-tweaks we always try to keep the cost to a minimum and in some cases there is no charge at all.

Have a great Thursday guys!!
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
A note to everyone - Customer Feedback is paramount. It better helps us to understand your needs as a player. As players we are all different and we all have different gear so naturally results vary.

I rec'd my Voodoo Amps "new mod" (no name as of yet, but I lovingly call it the Voodroo). It is ultra high gain. Sharp, yet smooth; when the gain is at 2 o'clock+. Back it down to 10 o'clock or less and it calm, cool, and collected (yet a warming glow). In between, you get what you would expect. Something in between mega distortion and clean. This mod has it all, from extreme to extreme. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have only had about a 1/2 hour to an hour with it. I hope to spend some time this weekend and give a better review. I will say from the limited time I had with it, it's awesome!

Voodoo Amps said:
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. We are here because of our customers - without you, we would not exist.

If you have a Modded module or purchased a used module that we have Modded; If you would like it re-tweaked so that it is more to your liking or better suits your playing style, please do not hesitate to call me! I am more than happy to do what ever it takes to make you happy and that includes Custom Modding a module to meet your needs. When it comes to re-tweaks we always try to keep the cost to a minimum and in some cases there is no charge at all.

I'm trying to spend some time with my Jose. I'm hoping I get some sort of bond with her, but it's nice to know how customer friendly you guys are. If the need should come up, I will certainly drop you a line.

Voodoo Amps said:
Have a great Thursday guys!!
Trace

Thanks,
Drew

drewiv said:
I rec'd my Voodoo Amps "new mod" (no name as of yet, but I lovingly call it the Voodroo). It is ultra high gain. Sharp, yet smooth; when the gain is at 2 o'clock+. Back it down to 10 o'clock or less and it calm, cool, and collected (yet a warming glow). In between, you get what you would expect. Something in between mega distortion and clean. This mod has it all, from extreme to extreme. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I have only had about a 1/2 hour to an hour with it. I hope to spend some time this weekend and give a better review. I will say from the limited time I had with it, it's awesome!

I am VERY glad to hear you are happy with it!!! :) It is a very versatile Mod and you can play blues to straight rock to metal. The internal Gain trim pots also allow for even more versatility so please feel free to experiment with them.

We have not yet come up with a name for the Mod as we are still getting modules in to be Modded so we are fully open to any and all suggestions!

drewiv said:
I'm trying to spend some time with my Jose. I'm hoping I get some sort of bond with her, but it's nice to know how customer friendly you guys are. If the need should come up, I will certainly drop you a line.

Please do and again I am always happy to make any changes you want :) Have a great Friday & an even better weekend

All the best to you all!!
Trace

For those that may be interested

There is a video on YouTube of the UG-Jose Mod that did on a Module. I'm not sure how to post a video here on this forum but here are some links

UG-Jose Mod - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AG0ccYUdA

JCM800 Mod - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_YHqSTIC88&feature=related

Have a great Friday!
Trace

Voodoo Amps said:
We have not yet come up with a name for the Mod as we are still getting modules in to be Modded so we are fully open to any and all suggestions!

All the best to you all!!
Trace

Hey Trace, I'm thinking about sending in a module for the new mod. I also have an RM20 that seems a lot noisier than my last one. Also, I'm wondering if you can do anything with the boost function. I tend to like my boost pedals better but I should probably spend some more time with it.