Some Uber SG bragging/reviewing/promoting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suphuckers said:
Some of you guys get on here and talk about this s*&t like it's some kind of amazing rocket science. It's just a **** amplifier. Every one of these things is a really simple circuit, based on s*&t that was invented like 100 yrs ago.
The point is, I don't want to invest the time to make an entire module, but I might spend a Friday tweaking one a little. If I have to dig through layers of goop to get to the pcb, that's kind of irritating. That's all I was saying.

...and back to the OT. This SG Module I just bought a few weeks ago, not only has NO goop, but so far I don't even see where it needs any tweaking. Respect to the guy that made it. It's as simple as that.

Jaded Faith said:
Goop sucks. I hate it and wish I didn't have to do it. It's a waste of my time and my money. You know what else wastes my time and money? Some A-hole either trying to figure out a circuit they couldn't figure out how to build in the first place or thinking that because they own a soldering iron they know how to use it. The bottom line is goop sucks and a few village idiots made it a necessary evil. You don't have to deal with the repair requests when dishonest people ruin products and try to pass it off on some poor guy second-hand. I do. Until you can promise that headache stops, the goop stays.

I mean, I have no dog in this show, but your ?concerns? are continually addressed and you fail to acknowledge it.

As far as people taking it way too seriously, I don't see it. We?re simply a very tight-knit group. We?ve been having friendly discussions for quite some time. Most of us have been on here for multiple years (hell, after nearly five years ? I?m still kinda the new guy). Aside from a couple personal rifts between forumites, we?re all good here; we are not boat-rockers. You?re the one that waltzed in here and after two months have answers to all the questions. Hell, you had all the answers after your second post.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Well I guess you're correct Drew (accept about the troll part ;) ) ...and I also certainly don't have all the answers. Although I do seek to have such wisdom

I mean I suppose I was trying to convince "some people" that putting goop all over a pcb was something that really shouldn't be done. It's something a kid would do, and not something a professional would/should do (even though many continue to do it) it's frustrating. I also think some of the "reasons" I get for the goop are bullox. Mainly I'm personally frustrated because I think this mts stuff is pretty cool. In my spare time I'd like to maybe tinker with some of it a bit. I'm frustrated because every module I buy (except the one SG module I have) has 1/2lb of goop on it. Sooooo I give up.

suphuckers said:
...and back to the OT. This SG Module I just bought a few weeks ago, not only has NO goop, but so far I don't even see where it needs any tweaking. Respect to the guy that made it. It's as simple as that.

This, Scott's aka SG's work seems to be nothing less than mind blowing, and that was the reason for starting this thread, to pay some homage to talent.

blacksun said:
This, Scott's aka SG's work seems to be nothing less than mind blowing, and that was the reason for starting this thread, to pay some homage to talent.

This SG Module I have, is probably so far (out of this growing pile) the only one I'd say is going to be hard to get out of it's slot. Maybe I should goop it in there. (Hopefully everyone can appreciate that was a joke ;)) It's really clear and it just sings. That guy definitely knows what he's doing.

suphuckers said:
blacksun said:

This SG Module I have, is probably so far (out of this growing pile) the only one I'd say is going to be hard to get out of it's slot. Maybe I should goop it in there. (Hopefully everyone can appreciate that was a joke ;)) It's really clear and it just sings. That guy definitely knows what he's doing.

Since this is essentially a SG tribute thread, may I ask you which SG module you have got?

WOW! I'm speechless. :? I miss the forum for one day and all hell breaks loose.

Most posting I've seen from Mike P in years. Glad to see it!

I appreciate when Mike P shares his perspectives. And hate seeing old topics (ie: goop) being turned into yet another issue. JF and Salvo both use it, and for solid reasons.

We are a tight knit group, and usually the forum is upbeat, informative, and friendly. If this is too difficult to maintain, please think before posting. There are perspectives I don't agree with, but what's the point of trying to win a pointless argument?

All the pro modders have true passions, and each brings different awesomeness in skill sets.

Oregon said:
I appreciate when Mike P shares his perspectives. And hate seeing old topics (ie: goop) being turned into yet another issue. JF and Salvo both use it, and for solid reasons.

We are a tight knit group, and usually the forum is upbeat, informative, and friendly. If this is too difficult to maintain, please think before posting. There are perspectives I don't agree with, but what's the point of trying to win a pointless argument?

All the pro modders have true passions, and each brings different awesomeness in skill sets.

Hopefully no one else will continue this discussion
, but I just want to point out that it's not an "old topic" for me Oregon. I've owned my RM100 only a few months. I had no idea about any of this before I purchased it. I REALLY don't like it. Half of me wants to throw this amp in the street because of it. I mean... I don't own any Egnater Modules, but are Bruce's modules all gooped up? I doubt it. Didn't he create this platform? It's idiotic. It's along the lines of sealing the hood of your car so you can't open it. Maybe if my mechanic puts in a turbo, he should epoxy my hood shut so nobody else can see why my car goes faster? Unbelievable in my opinion. And yes maybe an un-winable argument, but that doesn't stop me from shaking my head hard enough that I'm amazed it doesn't fall off my shoulders. It basically just makes me think.. wtf? no way? wow...

Anyways, it was hard for me to hold back that response, but I do feel bad about how this thread got so far off track. I'll be glad to continue my rant in another thread if anyone wants to create one. LoL This one shouldn't have gone here, and I'm sorry for my part in that.

suphuckers said:
Oregon said:

Hopefully no one else will continue this discussion
, but I just want to point out that it's not an "old topic" for me Oregon. I've owned my RM100 only a few months. I had no idea about any of this before I purchased it. I REALLY don't like it. Half of me wants to throw this amp in the street because of it. I mean... I don't own any Egnater Modules, but are Bruce's modules all gooped up? I doubt it. Didn't he create this platform? It's idiotic. It's along the lines of sealing the hood of your car so you can't open it. Maybe if my mechanic puts in a turbo, he should epoxy my hood shut so nobody else can see why my car goes faster? Unbelievable in my opinion. And yes maybe an un-winable argument, but that doesn't stop me from shaking my head hard enough that I'm amazed it doesn't fall off my shoulders. It basically just makes me think.. wtf? no way? wow...

Anyways, it was hard for me to hold back that response, but I do feel bad about how this thread got so far off track. I'll be glad to continue my rant in another thread if anyone wants to create one. LoL This one shouldn't have gone here, and I'm sorry for my part in that.

Agreed. ...and when buying a new car, isn't it buyer beware?
If I have a problem with a mod, I have a very reliable tech that will have me back up and running quickly, but not if there is goop.

Fortunately this isn't the Soviet Union, we don't have to all follow a common decree here. I respect the reasons for gooping, but with amps and modules alike, it's a deal breaker for me.

I buy a lot of modules mostly for fun, and of some mods I have multiple specimens either because I feel I need a backup or since I like the darn mod so much. My tech skills just barely allows me to swap modules, never had a soldering iron in my hands etc. Since I know a lot of guys don't care, I have also a few times contacted the modder asking if he wanted me to goop a mod I 've acquired one way or the other, and which I intended to resell.

But personally I just can't stand the thought of having a mod I paid good money for greased up, and if there should remain no mts alternative, I would rather then buy the real deal. YMMV (and probably do in most cases) but my money never seems to gravitate towards goop.

Latest posts