MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tourmaster and Renegade??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veets987
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Tourmaster and Renegade?? Reply with quote

So anyone tried these out or own one? They sound pretty frickin sweet, especially the Tourmaster!!!
GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Yeah I did... Reply with quote

..the tourmaster seemed impressive at a low volume. The 4 channle idea seems smart for players who need to grab and go for it.
But I still favor my Rm4 rig and wonder why Bruce did this amp hardwired,instead of modules like the rm4. ...Does he think the module design is not roadworthy?
If you read this Bruce... feel free to chime in on this, thanks.
veets987
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought the Renegade about a month ago. It is a GREAT amp. I am actually selling off my RM4, RT2/50 rig and replaced it with the Renegade. Of course they are not really comparable but I wanted something alot simplier and lighter. I got tired of hauling around the rack rig that weighed 100 lbs 2-3 times a week and fitting it in my little car. Plus i found myself just pouring more money into modules and modding modules. It was way to easy to keep spending money.

I think the Bruce knew that the module thing isnt for everyone and a simple but EXTREMELY diverse 2 or 4 channel hardwired amp might benefit some people more. I definately recommed trying out the Renegade. 2 channels with a footswitchable boost for either channel (so you can essentially make it a 3 or 4 channel amp) plus built in reverb, wattage selector for each channel (16 or 45 watts) AND a tube blend knob for each channel. The footswitch alone is worth checking out. He is always doing something that no-one else has thought of.
Rod
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned and played out with a Tourmaster for over a year now...GREAT 4 channel amp...need to tweak it for the tones, but they're in there for blues and rock tones and gain...Matches up the best with Scumback brand Greenback type speakers IMHO....I tried the Renegae...was very cool , but Now I'm spoiled with having 4 channels...
GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: veets Reply with quote

but veets..did you ever own an Rm4?...4 channels you change any way you want!
m0jo
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Yeah I did... Reply with quote

GtrGeorge! wrote:
..the tourmaster seemed impressive at a low volume. The 4 channle idea seems smart for players who need to grab and go for it.
But I still favor my Rm4 rig and wonder why Bruce did this amp hardwired,instead of modules like the rm4. ...Does he think the module design is not roadworthy?
If you read this Bruce... feel free to chime in on this, thanks.

I think he did it this way because he can make it much cheaper.
And that was the point of the GC amps, cheap but very good full tube amps.

Also it's not aimed at the MTS crowd, I'd say it's aimed at a level below that.
People that like to tweak and find tones, but who don't need 400 possibilities, 20 will do.

One thing I really don't understand is the FX loop, why only 1 parallel loop??
Don't get me wrong, that is fine, but at least add a series loop for gates and processors etc.

Salvation Mods Twinface, Mash-all+, Sloogie, Mu?eca, Shiver (Facelift), modded XTC, stock Recto
Randall RM4 - Randall RT2/50 - Randall RM22
TT-Cabs REX V212

www.sparkplugmusic.nl
veets987
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: veets Reply with quote

GtrGeorge! wrote:
but veets..did you ever own an Rm4?...4 channels you change any way you want!

Yes i had the RM4 and RT2/50 rig for close to 2 years. Im actually about to sell my RM4 Wink . It is a great set up and more versatile but i got tired of hauling that puppy around and it was way to easy to just keep spending more money on new modules and modding existing modules.
lennyx
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegade is great, very warm amp , if they made a small one would be great, 20 watter
Rod
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennyx wrote:
renegade is great, very warm amp , if they made a small one would be great, 20 watter

I think that's why he came up with the Rebel 30
OuIjAbOaRdInG
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna pick up a Renegade myself. I needed a great tube combo to drag to my many rehearsals with different acts, and this thing fits the bill. I didn't want to drop the big bills on a Mesa Roadster Combo, so I'm going with the renegade. Cool versatility and great price.

I like the rebel 30, but the Renegade has a little more versatility IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Other Egnater Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: