PV VIL module clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
I have been working on getting some better quality clips of my work together and I thought some of you might like this: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10782808&q=hi&newref=1

It's a track off the local band Downcast Theory's latest album. They are some of my best friends and our bands play together all the time. They have some of the best live hard rock vocals and harmonies around. It's a great "real-world application" clip of the module being used on an album.

All guitars on it are either my PV VIL module (based off of modified 5150 and 6505+ heads I either own or did for several local guys I am close with) or a Peavey XXX and 6505+ I modded for them. The intro and most all the guitar after 1:20 to the end are all the PV VIL. There are a few solos between 2:30 through the end that really feature the module well.

A pic for you as well:
DSCF2042.jpg

Sounds like they switched to the Triple XXX for the chorus section? I noticed the tone is a bit brighter there.

Diggin the tone! Very grungy (in a good way) and meaty :D Great vocalist too!

Shinozoku said:
Sounds like they switched to the Triple XXX for the chorus section? I noticed the tone is a bit brighter there.

That's spot on. The other amps are layered in on the choruses for contrast.

The vocals are split between the lead singer (part time rhythm guitars as well) and lead guitarist (all the screams, harmonies and he could be a lead singer as well with an excellent voice and unique tone). They trade off on a few songs and it works fantastically. They have sang together since they were kids in choir and now in the band. Their lead singer and drummer were actually my ceremony musicians at our wedding last July! Along with my wife, they are some of the best local vocalists around and they often join each other on stage. That makes for some KILLER 3-part harmonies!

Jaded Faith said:
Shinozoku said:

That's spot on. The other amps are layered in on the choruses for contrast.

The vocals are split between the lead singer (part time rhythm guitars as well) and lead guitarist (all the screams, harmonies and he could be a lead singer as well with an excellent voice and unique tone). They trade off on a few songs and it works fantastically. They have sang together since they were kids in choir and now in the band. Their lead singer and drummer were actually my ceremony musicians at our wedding last July! Along with my wife, they are some of the best local vocalists around and they often join each other on stage. That makes for some KILLER 3-part harmonies!
That's great to hear :D I'm gonna give em another listen now :D

The best compliment is that I stopped listening for module evaluation as I got lost in the coolness of the tune....excellent clip JF

****** it Rob,just when I thought I was going to be satisfied with my next load of modules from you I see and hear this.
I have severe GAS at the moment.

Sorry or your welcome?? :lol:

Both you guys should have your packages either just about now or very soon. Have to take care of my guys down under!

I am hoping for delivery first thing Monday morning Rob,as I have a week of rain forecast and I could think of nothing better to do than lock myself away with 3 new Jaded Faith masterpieces.

OOOO I want this! hahaha Man, that sounds phenomenal, and the band is great too! Excellent.

PM me details on how to get one of these por favor :D.

My only complaint is that they mic'ed a little too close to the cone and more of the fizzies were picked up. The tone and amp based module sounds good though! Sounds like those 5150's sound when on the lead channel. Not my sound soo much but perfect for the type of music featured. I'm a traditionalist and hot rodded Marshall guy. I only have room for a SLO if i want high gainer 8)

As for that vocalist holy shitballs what a voice. Could I get him to sing on my project? I am going to be recording an album at home in 2012 and i am not sure I can handle the vocals as i hear them in my head. That dude has some serious pipes and tone. That part at 1:50 is off the charts good the way he can control his voice through the range and not lose power. I need to find a dude like that to sing for me. Good job.

The Rossness said:
Does anyone have one yet? any reviews?
Probably not on here. I believe there are only about 3 of these out there and I know 2 are the property of studios here in NJ. Great mod, just not outrageously popular.